ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Power Rating for NU

Interesting. Looks like it projects 8.5 wins. Will be interesting to watch as the season goes on.
also notable that, whilst others show the West as a bunch of fairly evenly matched teams - Neb/Wis/NU/Minn/Iowa reasonably close, the probability of us winning swings wildly, based on what looks like either home field advantage (seriously?) or reputation (Wisc/Neb). They show a nearly 50% spread of win/likelihood for is Wisc as opposed to Minn.

Also shows us more likely to beat Iowa than ILL. Hmmm...

See? The nice thing about /s is that it isn't as in your face but rather just a subtle clue that more intelligent posters can pick up on.

It's cute, but doesn't really have much to do with intelligence. It's just a matter of whether you've read somewhere what /s means.

also notable that, whilst others show the West as a bunch of fairly evenly matched teams - Neb/Wis/NU/Minn/Iowa reasonably close, the probability of us winning swings wildly, based on what looks like either home field advantage (seriously?) or reputation (Wisc/Neb). They show a nearly 50% spread of win/likelihood for is Wisc as opposed to Minn.

Also shows us more likely to beat Iowa than ILL. Hmmm...
Isn't home field generally figured to be 3 pts vs neutral field? Would that mean a 6 pt swing between home or away for closely matched teams? Games we are not favored in are all road games and we rare favored for the home games. About what one would expect based on teams being evenly matched.

It shows our chance of winning out as 0%! As a scientist that's s categorically incorrect. If we are 4 and 0 there is always a chance that we could win out. The chance is of course minute right now, but it is indeed there. Bogus science on that number

It shows our chance of winning out as 0%! As a scientist that's s categorically incorrect. If we are 4 and 0 there is always a chance that we could win out. The chance is of course minute right now, but it is indeed there. Bogus science on that number

Good point, our chances of winning out is technically not 0%. I can say with certainty that teams with 0% chance of winning out are Alabama, Michigan, Stanford, USC etc.

To be fair, it says there is 0.0% chance. It could be 0.04%, but they are only going to one decimal so they rounded down.

To be fair, it says there is 0.0% chance. It could be 0.04%, but they are only going to one decimal so they rounded down.
I actually reposted this so it would be closer to the tom. Another one I would not mind seeing pinned as it will be interesting to look at it after each game.

Bump. Now showing 9 wins, with Michigan being the toughest game left.

It is remarkable that it still shows us with less than 50% chance of beating Nebraska. I'm in no way saying it's a guaranteed win but they're looking awful.

Bump. Now showing 9 wins, with Michigan being the toughest game left.
That is interesting that Michigan is our toughest game left. losing to them would indicate we still could expect a 9 win season. I'll take it.

It is remarkable that it still shows us with less than 50% chance of beating Nebraska. I'm in no way saying it's a guaranteed win but they're looking awful.
It is at Nebraska. If it was here, it would likely have us favored.

Haven't the Cats won in Lincoln more recently than in Evanston?
They munched on South Alabama and survived Southern Mississippi, but as a Huskers fan, it DOES seem like they've been on a big downturn.

They munched on South Alabama and survived Southern Mississippi, but as a Huskers fan, it DOES seem like they've been on a big downturn.
I think there was a study that showed a drop off in the year following a coaching change. I think it is to be expected especially when you are replacing a 9 win a year coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT