ADVERTISEMENT

Evanston Regional Thread 🥎

Just got back from Drysdale Field. Glad Williams didn't have to throw too many pitches to win this one. The EIU hurler was good. Kentucky hit three big home runs in the sixth inning, one onto the roof of McGaw. They will be a very tough out.

No surprise. I think that's the third time we've beaten them this season! 😂

Nope, my bad, only the second time we've knocked them off. First time was 9 - 3. :p
We might get a chance for that third -- UK plays winner of in-progress Miami of OH /E. Ill and that winner plays us tomorrow at 4ET.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
Only disappointment was Lauren Boyd getting kayoed in the second inning. Too much reliance on Danielle, but at least she had a lighter work load getting to this point.

Reactions: ricko654321
Cats will face Miami (OH) as the RedHawks trounce Kentucky in a bit of a surprising upset.
UK’s ace pitcher was apparently hurt mid-season and even though she pitched some this weekend it sounds like she wasn’t able to go for very long.

Miami gave up 0 runs in 2 games today, holding that UK lineup scoreless is a pretty good accomplishment. Hopefully we can get the job done in 1 game so Williams doesn’t get tired. It’s not great that Boyd was lit up like that.

I don’t understand the reluctance to use Cami Henry, at least for an inning or two to start the game. Boyd has had some bad outings recently, and Henry’s WHIP is about the same as Boyd’s and her record is much better. But our coach is first-rate, so I am sure she has a reason (injury maybe).

Reactions: mountaindrew
Amazing game.
Wish I could have been there. Luckily my daughter was.

Champs! Go Cats Go Cats Go!

Alabama is next. After losing game one to MTSU today, they won the elimination game, 1-0, on a 7th-inning homer.

D Williams has been a great NU athlete. In a sport where the pitcher is as important as the QB she has helpwd make NU a competitive team in a cold weather state and does it with a smile. She has done what Boo Buie did this year for her entire career. It will be tough vs Alabama but hopefully while the Lax Cats win a semi-final Friday, she gets another win vs Alabama.

Another come from behind victory. What grit this team has. And the bottom of the 7th bases loaded no one out for Miami of Ohio and Danielle comes through. Strikes out the Miami hitter for one out, then the force out at home which was confirmed by replay and Rudd had just enough and I mean just enough of the plate for the out and then Danielle strikes out the pinch- hitter to end the game.
Now down to Tuscaloosa and the Super Regional.

So glad they didn't have to play another game, thus saving Danielle's arm a bit. Looks like Bama has some trouble scoring so tight pitching duels seem likely.

I would not have wanted to be a hitter in yesterday's game. You can usually adjust to an umpire's strike zone but the home plate ump was bad on both sides of the plate. He missed many strike 3 calls on outside and inside pitches to batters of both teams.

I always thought umps using the balloon chest protectors called the strike zone better than the umps who set themselves up over the catcher's shoulder. It was easier to adjust up and down than with a 2 way miss inside and out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT