ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody agrees

YesterdaysCat

Dec 7, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/h...its-northwesterns-comeback-bid-235338995.html
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/h...its-northwesterns-comeback-bid-235338995.html
More than 270 comments and the vast majority ripping the NCAA/refs and excusing Collins for the T

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/843243708984127488/video/1
2,601 re-tweets and many, many comments bashing the refs and saying we got jobbed

It's nice to be in the big time, boys. If we're gonna lose, might as well have 90% of the country agreeing we shoulda won.

More than 270 comments and the vast majority ripping the NCAA/refs and excusing Collins for the T

2,601 re-tweets and many, many comments bashing the refs and saying we got jobbed

It's nice to be in the big time, boys. If we're gonna lose, might as well have 90% of the country agreeing we shoulda won.

We should have won? Was that a 7 point basket they goaltended?

Nobody is saying it was a good call, but that doesn't excuse the T. That was an immature meltdown in crunch time. If I was a player I'd be pissed at his lack of self control. Weak.

Nobody is saying it was a good call, but that doesn't excuse the T. That was an immature meltdown in crunch time. If I was a player I'd be pissed at his lack of self control. Weak.

Coach Carmody, you should know more than anyone else that refs are trained NOT TO T UP a coach if they are 100 percent wrong on the call unless said coach tackles you; this has been exhibited time and time again in games throughout the season . They compounded the error by T'ing Collins. If you don't believe, this ESPN clip will explain it perfectly for you:

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=18946279

They blew it, and the NCAA barely waited until the game was over to acknowledge it.

Reactions: Fitz51

You are not wrong about this. We got jobbed, and Collins needs to keep his cool. Too critical of a time in the game. I still support Collins. We've only just begun...

Stop fighting for your players, coach!

Stop fighting for your players, coach!
Fight. Just don't be a moron about it and cost us a trip to the sweet 16 because you lack self control and you're used to getting all the calls when you were at Duke.

Hard to think of a more costly meltdown. Mike Davis at Indiana comes to mind.

Fight. Just don't be a moron about it and cost us a trip to the sweet 16 because you lack self control and you're used to getting all the calls when you were at Duke.

Yeah, Coach Carmody, all of the commentary after the game was about Collins' costly meltdown, lol.

It's still a 5 point game because they didn't give us the points and Gonzaga still has the ball with an opportunity to make it a 7 point game. So I am not sure how it was the most costly meltdown. But, of course, you are always there to put a negative spin on the best season in modern history by a mile. Go make your family miserable and leave us alone. Seriously. Go away.

Are you a joke?

Idea, how about you coach a men's basketball team, watch your team come back from a 22 point deficit (against a #1 seed, in the NCAA tournament, lets say its your program's 1st ever for kicks and giggles), watch as one of your players has a wide open shot goal tended by the opponent literally coming through the rim...and keep your cool

Come back and let me know when that happens

Are you a joke?

Idea, how about you coach a men's basketball team, watch your team come back from a 22 point deficit (against a #1 seed, in the NCAA tournament, lets say its your program's 1st ever for kicks and giggles), watch as one of your players has a wide open shot goal tended by the opponent literally coming through the rim...and keep your cool

Come back and let me know when that happens

You realize Mystic IS Bill Carmody, correct?

Troll.

Wait, the goaltending wasn't a 7 point play, but the technical was? Go holy cross!

Reactions: PurpleHaze525

Nah.

Bill's too busy working on his animated shoulder shrugs, hand gestures, and foot stomps for the 2017-18 season to post on here.

But, he wants Mystic to sip on a nice red and chill out.

Bill-Carmody.jpg

"C'mon man. Relax a little."

If he wasn't working the refs so hard the calls could have been worse. I completely back him for the T. That call completely switched momentum. The T was idiotic on the refs part. Collins working the refs pays benefits all the great coaches do it. I completely back everything Collins does as a coach minus some end game management. Sorry you miss carmody he was decent while we had him. Collins is better we all see it. He got us to the promise land a year early. I'm thrilled with NU sports. You should be too. Just enjoy that we are good at the two major revenue sports and are looking to be better in both next year.

Back to your hidey-hole, creeper.
lurker.gif

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan

That would be pretty funny. I like CBC. I wish he would have beaten Michigan and Purdue during Shurna's last year and we would have gone dancing that year. I think Michigan beat us by a couple and Purdue beat us in OT.

However I live in present day and I have had my complaints about Coach Chris from time to time, but getting that tech was NOT one of my complaints. Chris could NOT allow their refs to keep screwing us over and had to take a stand even if it put us at a further deficit. We were already down by 5.

I guarantee you that the refs will be more cautious about screwing over NU after the media rakes them over the coals over tonight's debacle. If nothing else, the tech is worth it for that!

How was it "costly?" We were losing by 5, weren't we?

Didn't McIntosh commit a turnover, miss a jumper and then commit a second turnover in the last 2:00? Didn't Sanjay miss a wide open triple a little bit before that? The TEAM lost the game. The refs just made it even easier for Gonzaga.

If he wasn't working the refs so hard the calls could have been worse. I completely back him for the T. That call completely switched momentum. The T was idiotic on the refs part. Collins working the refs pays benefits all the great coaches do it. I completely back everything Collins does as a coach minus some end game management. Sorry you miss carmody he was decent while we had him. Collins is better we all see it. He got us to the promise land a year early. I'm thrilled with NU sports. You should be too. Just enjoy that we are good at the two major revenue sports and are looking to be better in both next year.

Which two revenue sports are we good at?

If football is on that list, I'll know you're kidding.

Wow.

So you back the head coach at a critical time running onto the court during play to whine about a call and getting t'd up and essentially ending our come back?

Amateur hour.

Ps. Part of the reason he got the t is because he moped incessantly the entire game. He came close to getting t'd twice before. As USA Today put it - an utterly mindless technical at the crucial phase of the game by coach Chris Collins....

Wow.

So you back the head coach at a critical time running onto the court during play to whine about a call and getting t'd up and essentially ending our come back?

Amateur hour.

Ps. Part of the reason he got the t is because he moped incessantly the entire game. He came close to getting t'd twice before. As USA Today put it - an utterly mindless technical at the crucial phase of the game by coach Chris Collins....
Good point - carmody certainly never got s technical coaching NU in an NCAA tournament game, that's for sure

That would be pretty funny. I like CBC. I wish he would have beaten Michigan and Purdue during Shurna's last year and we would have gone dancing that year. I think Michigan beat us by a couple and Purdue beat us in OT.

However I live in present day and I have had my complaints about Coach Chris from time to time, but getting that tech was NOT one of my complaints. Chris could NOT allow their refs to keep screwing us over and had to take a stand even if it put us at a further deficit. We were already down by 5.

I guarantee you that the refs will be more cautious about screwing over NU after the media rakes them over the coals over tonight's debacle. If nothing else, the tech is worth it for that!

Maybe it was just me, but it actually felt like Collins was trying to get a T early in the second half to fire up the troops. That can be a calculated decision on the head coach's part.

Wow.

Amateur hour.

Link to USA Today article? All I am seeing is commentary about how we got screwed and an unusual same day mea culpa from the NCAA..

Wow.

Amateur hour.

You're the F-ing worst.

Wow.

Amateur hour.

Yeah, we back the coach who led us to the greatest season in our history. We back the coach who taught this team to stick together and fight through adversity. We back the coach who transformed a poor defensive team into one of the best defensive teams in the conference. And you confuse emotion with moping. I never saw him mope. A team led by a mopey coach doesn't make that comeback. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you have probably never played a team sport in your life. You are just some loser who gets off on pissing people off with his ignorant, negative posts.

Maybe it was just me, but it actually felt like Collins was trying to get a T early in the second half to fire up the troops. That can be a calculated decision on the head coach's part.
I thought the same thing. Several refs could have given him a technical, and they let him off the hook. Collins forced their hand in the second half.

Link to USA Today article? All I am seeing is commentary about how we got screwed and an unusual same day mea culpa from the NCAA..

Updated article:

"Because for Collins, what he interpreted as contrition from the NCAA seemingly didn’t call for any of his own. There was no apology for his mindless technical foul at a crucial point in the game. No wishing he would have done things differently or kept his cool when his team needed it most. Just justification for the kind of out-of-control behavior that is going to earn a technical foul every single time."

Updated article:

"Because for Collins, what he interpreted as contrition from the NCAA seemingly didn’t call for any of his own. There was no apology for his mindless technical foul at a crucial point in the game. No wishing he would have done things differently or kept his cool when his team needed it most. Just justification for the kind of out-of-control behavior that is going to earn a technical foul every single time."

I asked for a link to the article, You are violating copyright rules by just posting text here BTW.

Updated article:

c9867d70cea2717519be1cac50d24481.gif

Yeah, we back the coach who led us to the greatest season in our history. We back the coach who taught this team to stick together and fight through adversity. We back the coach who transformed a poor defensive team into one of the best defensive teams in the conference. And you confuse emotion with moping. I never saw him mope. A team led by a mopey coach doesn't make that comeback. Of course, you wouldn't know that because you have probably never played a team sport in your life. You are just some loser who gets off on pissing people off with his ignorant, negative posts.

The question wasn't do you back the coach, the question was do you back him running onto the court and getting a stupid t which essentially ended our come back.

Wow.

Amateur hour.

Well given the recruiting hype for football returning ever major offensive contributer minus Carr and a soft schedule I'd say it's looking good. Moping please That's called fighting for your team. These refs were incompetent and Collins arguing let to a couple make up calls granted it was still lopsided officiated. I liked carmody but he never would have got in the refs ear. Name me one great college coach who doesn't talk to the refs. Ill list countless who do if you like. Quit hating on NU sports seriously that's more amateur hour then this. Hell yes I back Collins. Recruiting A+. Development A++. In game coaching B. He interviews phenomenally and cares about his players. He is perfect for the program. If you think he's bad you need to go take basketball 101. Rebounding and man defense are taught there. That's how NU wins games.

The question wasn't do you back the coach, the question was do you back him running onto the court and getting a stupid t which essentially ended our come back.
I'll back him there too. It was needed if the refs are that incompetent. I was going crazy myself. You were probably cheering.

Reactions: lunker35
Updated article:

And he shouldn't apologize. The refs were god awful all game and very few of the calls went our way. Why are we not taking about the second goaltend they jobbed us on? It was only replayed once, but was a clear goaltend in the first half. That's 6 points when you include the technical not to mention all of the crap calls. Just an awful officiating crew that should never see the court again.

Well given the recruiting hype for football returning ever major offensive contributer minus Carr and a soft schedule I'd say it's looking good. Moping please That's called fighting for your team. These refs were incompetent and Collins arguing let to a couple make up calls granted it was still lopsided officiated. I liked carmody but he never would have got in the refs ear. Name me one great college coach who doesn't talk to the refs. Ill list countless who do if you like. Quit hating on NU sports seriously that's more amateur hour then this. Hell yes I back Collins. Recruiting A+. Development A++. In game coaching B. He interviews phenomenally and cares about his players. He is perfect for the program. If you think he's bad you need to go take basketball 101. Rebounding and man defense are taught there. That's how NU wins games.

We were 10th in the big 10 in rebounding. Rutgers was first. Make any sense?

It didn't end our comeback. They still have the ball in any case. They still are up 5 points instead of 3 points with an opportunity to extend to 7. They didn't score after the free throws and Lindsey came down after they missed with a chance to cut it back down to five. It was a six point game with 4 minutes to go. Those 2 free throws didn't end the comeback. I have already explained that to you. Only in your strange, twisted mind.

My bad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es-missed-call-northwestern-gonzaga/99367820/

It's actually the front page story right now (not front page of the sports section, front page overall).

And the author is -- surprise-- a Vandy alum! Think he is a tad bitter about the other night? Artciles such as this (of which I have seen two), greatly outnumbered by the following:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....orthwestern-marred-by-blown-goaltending-call/

I repeat, you learn in officiating 101 as was pointed out in then ESPN commentary, below, NOT TO T UP A COACH WHEN A CRITICAL CALL IS 100 PERCENT WRONG UNLESS HE TACKLES YOU SINCE YOU COMPOUND THE ERROR!

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=18946279

Reactions: lunker35
And he shouldn't apologize. The refs were god awful all game and very few of the calls went our way. Why are we not taking about the second goaltend they jobbed us on? It was only replayed once, but was a clear goaltend in the first half. That's 6 points when you include the technical not to mention all of the crap calls. Just an awful officiating crew that should never see the court again.
How about the foul in the corner when their player jumped into the defender? How about the 4th foul on Lindsey when he fell down after getting picked. It was not a good day for the ref's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT