ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-OU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
We'll have a pretty good crowd tonight. The students are out, but NU was smart enough to sell tickets behind the baskets. So it should look pretty good on TV. It's not a full house, but it's a decent showing. I'm kinda surprised, because getting here tonight, there was NO traffic on Central Street. It was bizarre. I guess people got here early.

Good defense early for NU. Offensively, I'd like to see them drive more. Taylor had Manek on him up top -- that should be a mismatch to exploit -- but just took a 3 instead of trying to dribble past him and break down the defense.

Good defense early for NU. Offensively, I'd like to see them drive more. Taylor had Manek on him up top -- that should be a mismatch to exploit -- but just took a 3 instead of trying to dribble past him and break down the defense.
Exactly! It seems like some of Taylor's problem is shot selection. Both of his shots were questionable decisions.

Taylor and Turner putting arc on the ball resulting in scoring. Nance playing his best in a long time. Go Cats.

Much better offense in the next 4!! Love the alley-oop and then the Gaines slamma' jamma'!!

That Gaines to Law alley oop seemed to spark the offense. Cats have hit five shots in a row.

OU's top two scorers, James and Reynolds, are a combined 1-9 early.

OU is starting to play much harder now on both ends. We need to rebound a little better. Too many second chances for OU.

Nance getting a good run tonight and drains the big 3.

Turner is turning the ball over quite a bit as well not having a particularly good game so far except for one made three-pointer

Oklahoma plays a tough man-to-man D. Really swarming. I'm pretty impressed that we're going toe to toe with them. Hope we can sustain the effort for another 20.

Reactions: NUCat320
Oklahoma plays a tough man-to-man D. Really swarming. I'm pretty impressed that we're going toe to toe with them. Hope we can sustain the effort for another 20.
We're 30 points better in the first half tonight than we were last year. Do that again in the 2nd half and we win this game, lol.

Tough defensive team, OU is. 32-32 is about where these two teams should be. A big run for each in the first half. Let’s do it, ‘Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT