ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Creighton

Collins needs to not be stubborn here and go to a zone. Its obvious we can't guard these guys straight up.
Agree. The man defense is just shameful. Creighton's players are simply better.

Reactions: phatcat
Maybe last season was just so mentally and emotionally draining that these guys just can't bring the same focus this season. They were under such pressure last year and reached their goal. A letdown is probably not surprising.

Maybe last season was just so mentally and emotionally draining that these guys just can't bring the same focus this season. They were under such pressure last year and reached their goal. A letdown is probably not surprising.

Let’s hope it’s just a three-game letdown.

Well, there are already more students than there were on Monday night - which isn't saying much, I know. There are several rows of students behind the east basket. Most of them are wearing chef hats, for some reason. There are lots more people in the seats behind the basket, too. That was a sea of empty blue plastic against St. Peter's. I see some Creighton fans here and there, but this crowd is going to be a thousand or two bigger than Monday.
My God some of you are insufferable. After reading through this thread I thought we were down by at least 30. Please step away from your keyboards.

My God some of you are insufferable. After reading through this thread I thought we were down by at least 30. Please step away from your keyboards.
It was on its way to getting really ugly there at one point. But the defensive intensity finally picked up a bit over the last 4 minutes to get us back in shouting distance.

Poor gameplan going into this game. We cannot compete with Creighton in a run-n-gun game. Very impressed with the Blue Jays. Very skilled. Very confident. Well coached. Cats fortunate to have it under 10 at the half. Gotta slow the game down, get some offensive put backs and find a way to defend in the second half. First team to 80 wins. Defense our only chance to get there ahead of Creighton.

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT