ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz asking for $130M in lawsuit

Yes, if there is nothing else to the post other than to criticize the poster, it will be considered a personal attack and eventually removed. Clearly people will complain about any approach I take, so for now my approach is to make it clear what will be removed before doing so.

I'm happy to go back to the original approach of just removing things though if the warning is making you upset.

PPD and IGNORE2 have been sniping at each other for years.
But its just little comments. Nothing offensive.
And from what I understand, those two guys know each other (they have met).

It seems that you believe there is a negative impact on the board in just letting discussions go where they may. I'm guessing that you think it discourages others from posting. You could be right, but is there evidence of that? These threads are informal discussions, not formal presentations - they are going to meander and some participants will get agitated.

Other than the guy who is obsessed with crude fantasies about the NU football locker room, there hasn't been a lot of repetitively offensive material here. So it feels to me that you are unnecessarily beating your head against the wall, with a few exceptions.

For the merely embarrassing stuff, people can delete their own messages or edit them - if they feel the need or somebody calls them on it.

On the other hand, maybe I just have no understanding of your agenda / goal.

PPD and IGNORE2 have been sniping at each other for years.
But its just little comments. Nothing offensive.
And from what I understand, those two guys know each other (they have met).

It seems that you believe there is a negative impact on the board in just letting discussions go where they may. I'm guessing that you think it discourages others from posting. You could be right, but is there evidence of that? These threads are informal discussions, not formal presentations - they are going to meander and some participants will get agitated.

Other than the guy who is obsessed with crude fantasies about the NU football locker room, there hasn't been a lot of repetitively offensive material here. So it feels to me that you are unnecessarily beating your head against the wall, with a few exceptions.

For the merely embarrassing stuff, people can delete their own messages or edit them - if they feel the need or somebody calls them on it.

On the other hand, maybe I just have no understanding of your agenda / goal.
Spot on

Yes, if there is nothing else to the post other than to criticize the poster, it will be considered a personal attack and eventually removed. Clearly people will complain about any approach I take, so for now my approach is to make it clear what will be removed before doing so.

I'm happy to go back to the original approach of just removing things though if the warning is making you upset.
May I criticize you? I had a feeling we were headed for trouble when you deleted posts for the use of one word that you don’t like. Allow me to repeat myself. You don’t like.

Hey, Ignore you are a clown! Let’s settle this over a beer.

Many of us have asked Cap to step away from the keyboard, but he doubles down with an iron fist. Now it is a matter of winning.

See Bob, we can agree on something!
You are gonna get another two day warning!

It’s a crazy that a bunch of snowflakes lead to such censorship. And for the record, that’s not a personal insult, it’s a broad insult so I should 140MM day warning before this post disappears.

May I criticize you? I had a feeling we were headed for trouble when you deleted posts for the use of one word that you don’t like. Allow me to repeat myself. You don’t like.
Criticize away. This is the last time I'm going to discuss this, but it has nothing to do with whether or not I personally like the word "woke". It is a politically charged term, and therefore instances of its use will be removed like all other political content, be it conservative- or liberal-leaning.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Criticize away. This is the last time I'm going to discuss this, but it has nothing to do with whether or not I personally like the word "woke". It is a politically charged term, and therefore instances of its use will be removed like all other political content, be it conservative- or liberal-leaning.
Anyone want to wager this will truly be the last time?

My question: @CappyNU - do you get paid by the delete and the lock?

I would never put you in ignore. However, if my personal attacks on you get a 2 day warning, it’s all good. Who reads posts older than 2 days old but Archives Bob.
When @CappyNU locks the greatest/longest thread of all time is when he’ll need to hire personal security and expense it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT