ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz on Cats Non-Conference Schedule

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Funny quip about the basketball schedule during the football news conference today:

• Fitzgerald is not too concerned about having to play Montre Hartage at corner on opening weekend against a pretty powerful offense. “I wish I was our basketball team. I saw our non-conference schedule. That would be cool. That would be awesome,” he said with a laugh.

Funny quip about the basketball schedule during the football news conference today:

• Fitzgerald is not too concerned about having to play Montre Hartage at corner on opening weekend against a pretty powerful offense. “I wish I was our basketball team. I saw our non-conference schedule. That would be cool. That would be awesome,” he said with a laugh.
Has Fitz replaced Ill. St. with Alabama?

Ever wonder how much of an unspoken competition there is between the men's bball coach and football coach at BCS universities? We're talking about typically arrogant, extremely competitive men at the top (or nearly the top) of the profession ladder.

I'm sure the basketball coach would love a set-up where a .500 season and below .500 in conference would make you a lock for the postseason.

Was it a really specific rip on NU's schedule or a more general comment on college basketball pre-conference schedules in general? Considering the context, it would make sense if Fitz was talking about how all college hoops teams schedule a bunch of cupcakes in November (sandwiched around a couple tough games) which allows their new players to ease into things. In football, you don't really have that luxury as maybe only one game is a true cupcake and its often not the opener.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT