ADVERTISEMENT

Folks, it's just one game.

I know it stinks to high heaven when the team plays this poorly, but let's not completely freak out just yet. There's plenty of football left.
I think we're all concerned about more than just this game. The slow starts the last 4 seasons have been alarming, and whatever changes the staff and team have made obviously aren't working. The O-line continues to suck, and we have no running game (despite having an NFL-level talent at RB) as a result. Personally, I'm frustrated that I'm seeing the exact same thing I've seen the past 4 to 7 years. Yea, it's early in the season and we could rebound, but right now we look really bad, and as a fan I expect something to be done about it other than saying the usual "we got beat in all 3 phases" crap during the post game presser.

None-the-less, VERY disappointing. Does not bode well against our best opponents. I don't know how all of these issues--DB, WR, OL, DE are going to get fixed quickly. My bet--Thorson will be around next year.

I'm not so concerned about the loss itself. As Fitz will tell you until he's blue in the face...injuries on in the secondary.

I'm concerned about why we would've lost this one even with a healthy fleet of d-backs. Basically, nothing we considered to be a strength or "ok" is "ok."

We'll make it to six...Dallas here we come.

I'm not so concerned about the loss itself. As Fitz will tell you until he's blue in the face...injuries on in the secondary.

I'm concerned about why we would've lost this one even with a healthy fleet of d-backs. Basically, nothing we considered to be a strength or "ok" is "ok."

We'll make it to six...Dallas here we come.

Which other five games do you have NU winning? Taking into account losing to Duke by four TDs.

Which other five games do you have NU winning? Taking into account losing to Duke by four TDs.

I've seen enough NU football to know we're not as bad as this game would imply - we'll climb up from this, but this isn't an eight or nine-win team.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I know it stinks to high heaven when the team plays this poorly, but let's not completely freak out just yet. There's plenty of football left.
It's only one game but getting absolutely blown out in every facet of the game is completely unacceptable. They looked disinterested and slow from the start. It's becoming more of a indictment of this staff that they can't get this team prepared early in seasons than it is an indicator that they do a great job of getting them to improve throughout the season. This team today will not only not contend for the west but they wouldn't beat Illinois. I know they'll get better like they always do but something has to be done about how bad they are early on.

Reactions: catfans5

If NU had lost a close one while looking good in at least some areas other than punting, THAT would be just one game.

Getting blown out by a middling ACC team, and showing no ability whatsoever on the lines ... that's much bigger.

I would ban any poster who starts a "flush it" thread at this point.

No it's not just one game. They looked pretty bad last week against a bad Nevada team. They have shown flashes (pinstripe bowl, MSU, Iowa) but too many bad games mixed in.

The schedule looks a lot tougher now than it did a week ago. Maryland will be favored against NU and possibly Purdue (they looked much better than NU last night). 6 wins would be a stretch

No it's not just one game. They looked pretty bad last week against a bad Nevada team. They have shown flashes (pinstripe bowl, MSU, Iowa) but too many bad games mixed in.

The schedule looks a lot tougher now than it did a week ago. Maryland will be favored against NU and possibly Purdue (they looked much better than NU last night). 6 wins would be a stretch

Looked bad for a half last week. Pretty good for a half last week. Pretty awful for two halves this week.

If NU had lost a close one while looking good in at least some areas other than punting, THAT would be just one game.

Getting blown out by a middling ACC team, and showing no ability whatsoever on the lines ... that's much bigger.

I would ban any poster who starts a "flush it" thread at this point.
You'll clog the toilet if you try to flush this one. No P5 team should ever get blown out by Duke, period.

Reactions: jjjjjjj
Why doesn't that make sense? Duke blowing out Sisters of the Poor like they did last week makes sense, no P5 team though should be blown out by Duke, not sure what's confusing about that,

Football is a crazy game. I definitely didn't see this coming today, but weirder things have happened.

Bowling green
Maryland (maybe)
Purdue (maybe)
Illinois (maybe)

That's four (maybe)

Based on the way we played today, we will not beat Wisconsin, Penn state, Iowa, MSU or Minnesota.

Bowling green
Maryland (maybe)
Purdue (maybe)
Illinois (maybe)

That's four (maybe)

Based on the way we played today, we will not beat Wisconsin, Penn state, Iowa, MSU or Minnesota.

What makes you think Maryland resides on the side of the fence with PU and Illinois? And for that matter, did you see Purdue play last week?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT