ADVERTISEMENT

Frost warning

Nebraska loses
Schadenfreude
Got to give @lou v credit on questioning Frost’s bona fides a while back.

Two seasons in and no bowl games, while UCF has kept plugging along with all that Florida talent.

Maybe next year is when UNL pulls it altogether. If not, Scott’s seat will get rather hot.

Reactions: scotthawk1964

Two seasons in and no bowl games, while UCF has kept plugging along with all that Florida talent.

Maybe next year is when UNL pulls it altogether. If not, Scott’s seat will get rather hot.
Nebby got the calls at the end too. Frosty playing for OT backfires.

Nebby got the calls at the end too.
No sh*t. I only watched the fourth quarter, and Nebraska got about five or six egregiously bad calls/reversals in its favor in that short time. The refs on the field and in the pressbox went against the clear replay calls by Dean Blandino of the BTN multiple times. After the tardy timeout call (granted belatedly) on the second effort to ice the kicker, when the Iowa kicker eventually drilled the third attempt, the refs huddled in an apparent effort to figure out a way to undo the play. Even my wife, a North Carolina girl who despises football and cares not one iota about B1G sports, was slinging F-bombs at the refs by the end of the game. She couldn't believe what see was watching. This game confirmed for me that conferences do occasionally try to affect outcomes--this time in an effort to make Nebby bowl eligible. It was sickening.

No sh*t. I only watched the fourth quarter, and Nebraska got about five or six egregiously bad calls/reversals in its favor in that short time. The refs on the field and in the pressbox went against the clear replay calls by Dean Blandino of the BTN multiple times. After the tardy timeout call (granted belatedly) on the second effort to ice the kicker, when the Iowa kicker eventually drilled the third attempt, the refs huddled in an apparent effort to figure out a way to undo the play. Even my wife, a North Carolina girl who despises football and cares not one iota about B1G sports, was slinging F-bombs at the refs by the end of the game. She couldn't believe what see was watching. This game confirmed for me that conferences do occasionally try to affect outcomes--this time in an effort to make Nebby bowl eligible. It was sickening.

The B1G was probably the biggest loser. Reportedly there are only 3 remaining spots for 5 win teams to go bowling so likely that Nebraska will not be filling one of the contracted B1G bowls leaving one less revenue generating team for the post season.

Question for conspiracy theorists, does that translate to one less B1G officiating crew earning money in the post season as well?

Reactions: NUMBfan
Martinez looked like half the quarterback from a year ago. Getting beat up. Bad offensive line and all those running plays.

Scott Frost pulling a Tim Beckman?

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Riding the coattails of an excellent assistant coach, Matt Campbell at Toledo, into a P5 head coaching job. I don't know who that would have been at CFU, though.
Comparing anyone to Beckman is simply unkind. Frost is much more athletic and would never stumble on the sidelines like he did. He was also fast enough to quickly hide in a closet when his girlfriend was violently attacked by that POS Lawrence Phillips.

(I refuse to respect any male that cowers and fails to intervene when a woman is a victim of domestic violence. Back on topic: )

I think Frost simply benefited from the incredible recruiting advantages that UCF has and also had a solid staff. I mean compare this to Lincoln in January... this is one of the first images that appears when you simply search for those three letters.

ucf_fountain_sky.jpg

I was browsing the Little Debbie board yesterday morning before the game, and it was interesting to see how many posters thought that Debbie would get the calls, as it would mean another BiG bowl eligible teams, thus more money to the BiG. I don't believe in conspiracies, but after watching the fourth quarter, it made me ponder that thought. It did look like the officials did everything to help Debbie, but even with the help, and the help of Iowa letting them back in the game, still fell short. Good luck today against the Fighting Lovie's. ;)

I was browsing the Little Debbie board yesterday morning before the game, and it was interesting to see how many posters thought that Debbie would get the calls, as it would mean another BiG bowl eligible teams, thus more money to the BiG. I don't believe in conspiracies, but after watching the fourth quarter, it made me ponder that thought. It did look like the officials did everything to help Debbie, but even with the help, and the help of Iowa letting them back in the game, still fell short. Good luck today against the Fighting Lovie's. ;)
I was shocked at some of the calls, total bs. I don’t usually enjoy player celebrations but after the kick, the kicker celebrating was great. Nebraska was jawing all game so I found it fitting.

UCF would’ve gone 12-0 again if MacKenzie Milton hadn’t suffered that gruesome injury. Started a true freshman QB who made a lot of mistakes in 3 narrow losses.

So Frost’s 12-0 doesn’t look as good as time passes. You could plug any above average coach at UCF right now and get top seasons (barring a superstar injury).

Reactions: Gladeskat
Within 5 years Frost will physically assault a player during a game he's that tightly strung.

What if Frost is fine, and it just takes more than a year to flip over a dead culture in Nebraska?

Reactions: Noah121
What if Frost is fine, and it just takes more than a year to flip over a dead culture in Nebraska?
More than two years, you mean.

I'm simply entirely sick of the narrative that "(formerly great team from the 90s) is back" . Fill in the blank with Michigan, Texas, USC Nebraska, et al, despite no supporting evidence.

Reactions: drewjin and Noah121
I was shocked at some of the calls, total bs. I don’t usually enjoy player celebrations but after the kick, the kicker celebrating was great. Nebraska was jawing all game so I found it fitting.
And their fans still think they are the Nebraska of last century, when in reality they are Minnesota 2.0 but with two less national championships. LOL

UNL passed on Joe Burrow twice (playing QB for the Huskers was his dream growing up).

Frost was the one who passed on Burrow the 2nd time - saying that it's not like he's better than what they already have. lol

Comparing anyone to Beckman is simply unkind. Frost is much more athletic and would never stumble on the sidelines like he did. He was also fast enough to quickly hide in a closet when his girlfriend was violently attacked by that POS Lawrence Phillips.

(I refuse to respect any male that cowers and fails to intervene when a woman is a victim of domestic violence. Back on topic: )

I think Frost simply benefited from the incredible recruiting advantages that UCF has and also had a solid staff. I mean compare this to Lincoln in January... this is one of the first images that appears when you simply search for those three letters.

ucf_fountain_sky.jpg
Except UCF classes have never cracked the top 50 in recent years. But there is undoubtedly a very deep talent pool in Florida.

I still think Frost will turn Nebby around, but it’s going to take a few more years.

Except UCF classes have never cracked the top 50 in recent years. But there is undoubtedly a very deep talent pool in Florida.

I still think Frost will turn Nebby around, but it’s going to take a few more years.
The recruiting rankings don’t matter to me and never have.

UCF (and USF) get most of the Florida kids that the big time programs either miss or don’t want. That’s a pretty talented crew as evidenced by their success. Think of it as a team full of Sherrick McM’s and Paddy F’s.

We’ll know at the of Frost’s contract whether he was the real deal or not. After two losing seasons, his record indicates that he’s a loser on the big stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT