ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 14 Indiana vs. NU

And just like Sunday, they did it while not shooting well from three. Imagine what happens when Berry's shot comes back!
Audige is back though, best first half I've seen from him in awhile. It's a sign that we have some depth that one guy can have an off night and we still find our points as a team

Some fun takes from the Twittersphere:

Northwestern will eventually run into an officiating crew that calls their tackle basketball. They did the same thing to Purdue. It isn’t basketball, it is hack a player that doesn’t get called in the Big Ten. Water will find it’s level.

Yet they will never address it or hold these reds accountable. Northwestern will make tourney then get knocked out early because their best players will get into foul trouble because the fluid they’ve been committing all year will finally be called in its correct manor

Northwestern clearly the better team the first half vs IU, but how can you not talk about this officiating- game after game, it’s just awful.

Northwestern has figured it out. Play tackle football against the other teams best player, assume the horrible officiating looks the other way.

Some fun takes from the Twittersphere:

Northwestern will eventually run into an officiating crew that calls their tackle basketball. They did the same thing to Purdue. It isn’t basketball, it is hack a player that doesn’t get called in the Big Ten. Water will find it’s level.

Yet they will never address it or hold these reds accountable. Northwestern will make tourney then get knocked out early because their best players will get into foul trouble because the fluid they’ve been committing all year will finally be called in its correct manor

Northwestern clearly the better team the first half vs IU, but how can you not talk about this officiating- game after game, it’s just awful.

Northwestern has figured it out. Play tackle football against the other teams best player, assume the horrible officiating looks the other way.
Sounds a lot like the same mindset that leads to election denialism to me. I wish it were a joke, but there's a reflexive whiny thing that is oddly reminiscent....

Robbie Hummel has to be the worst of the BTN crew. He can’t stand that Northwestern is good. Soooo condescending.

Robbie Hummel has to be the worst of the BTN crew. He can’t stand that Northwestern is good. Soooo condescending.
I’m normally ok with him, but he literally was making sh%t up agreeing with terrible ref calls against us.

IU is going to have a run this half. Can we withstand it and then crush their spirit?

Reactions: drewjin
Sounds a lot like the same mindset that leads to election denialism to me. I wish it were a joke, but there's a reflexive whiny thing that is oddly reminiscent....
Blaming refs is the easy way out of just admitting you are, or were, not as good. In the overwhelming majority of cases that’s it.

It’s also the common explanation for those who have no idea how basketball works.

My stomach felt a lot better 10 minutes ago.

Just need to take this punch and get through it.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT