ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 14 Indiana vs. NU

NUwin.gif

The paramedics just left the house after reviving me. What can you say about BOO. His all around game is terrific. His decision making has been excellent. Not only driving to the basket on offense instead of chucking up a three but his defense has really been maybe the most impressive part of his game. How many times at the end of a half or game where we got the last shot and never seemed to make them. Not anymore. You really have to say this is his team. Good for him. He has worked hard for four years and is reaping the rewards. Hey guys and gals we are going dancing.

Who would have thought that both Purdue and Indiana fans would be complaining about how physical Northwestern plays basketball
Their message board is melting down on this topic. Not only do we foul on every play, but the refs are blind and paid to look the other way. Wow. This is pretty amazing to read.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Who would have thought that both Purdue and Indiana fans would be complaining about how physical Northwestern plays basketball

Yes Sir. And we are now ALONE in SECOND place in the Big Ten! If you had told me in November that would happen this year, I would have bet the house against it. I really can't believe it. Amazing.

Indiana is now 5-5 in their last 10 games and only hold something like a 20-16 edge against the Cats in this century. They still think they're back in the Bob Knight days, and he's been history for a LONG time now. It's the classic case of the bully being surprised when his victim slaps him back.

Gee, I'm sorry Northwestern commits some fouls as I've always known our Big 10 opponents to be friendly little teddy bears who'd never hack our guys.

Indiana is now 5-5 in their last 10 games and only hold something like a 20-16 edge against the Cats in this century. They still think they're back in the Bob Knight days, and he's been history for a LONG time now. It's the classic case of the bully being surprised when his victim slaps him back.

Gee, I'm sorry Northwestern commits some fouls as I've always known our Big 10 opponents to be friendly little teddy bears who'd never hack our guys.
I'm seeing a lot of "I used to root for Northwestern, but this team is really hatable and dirty." From Indiana and Purdue fans.

Hm, maybe you just don't like them because they swept y'all?

Buie played great and Nicholson played pretty well. Other than that, not so sure.

We shot way too many 3's. Glad to win. Would have lost that lead and the game last year.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I'm seeing a lot of "I used to root for Northwestern, but this team is really hatable and dirty." From Indiana and Purdue fans.

They don’t like us hitting back

Northwestern should be a mean little basketball school with a student section full of mean students who cheer for their mean, physical players who win games and then walk out on campus and smile at old ladies and pass real classes

Buie played great and Nicholson played pretty well. Other than that, not so sure.

We shot way too many 3's. Glad to win. Would have lost that lead and the game last year.
The missed shots make be believe this team still has upside. The most complete game this year was the DePaul game. We’ll see another game like that before the end of the year

Reactions: drewjin

It's especially laughable coming from Purdue, which basically played football on the hardwoods for years under Keady.

A lot of these schools seem to think they have some sort of divine right to beat NU. They don't. Have to admit it's fun to see them squeal. Don't think I've had this much fun since the footballers beat Michigan two straight in the '90s.

It's especially laughable coming from Purdue, which basically played football on the hardwoods for years under Keady.

A lot of these schools seem to think they have some sort of divine right to beat NU. They don't. Have to admit it's fun to see them squeal. Don't think I've had this much fun since the footballers beat Michigan two straight in the '90s.
They can't compute losing to a team picked 13th in the conference when their team had such high aspirations going into the season. It's glorious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT