ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 14 Indiana vs. NU

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (18-7, 9-5 Big Ten) will try for the season sweep of No. 14 Indiana (18-7, 9-5 Big Ten) at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. The game will air on BTN.

The Hoosiers are red hot and winners of eight of their last nine. They will be out for vengeance after Northwestern handed them their only loss at Assembly Hall all season, 84-83, on January 8th. The Wildcats are on fire in their own right, winners of five of their last seven and seven of their last 11.

These teams are looking each other right in the eye overall and in the Big Ten. A loss puts Northwestern right back into the Big Ten mix as the sixth team with six conference losses at the moment. A win seals March Madness, gives the Wildcats sole possession of second place in the Big Ten, and earns total bragging rights over an IU team ranked 12 spots ahead in the AP Poll with an eerily similar resume.

Students are out in force, but there is a TON of red in here tonight. Here are a couple tweets to give you an idea of the environment.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
IU fans behind us cheering for the numbers, apparently have no idea who’s on their own team.

Students take a moment to welcome Miller back.

Love our defense. Indiana doesn't know what hit them.

I must give credit to two IU things:

1) Their D is really good. Feel like they're giving Boo and Chase fits - of course, Boo and Chase have fought through it for the most part, so it can't be THAT good.

2) Mike Woodson's goatee is aesthetically perfect. Like he trimmed it in the locker room - not a hair out of place. I'm impressed.

Go Cats.

It’s weird how they manage to keep several teams in the 60’s and, yet, against us, seem to struggle to slow us down. We scored 84 in Bloomington and are on pace for the same.

It feels like the coaching staff spent the last few days saying "instead of reading the headlines, make the extra pass." I've never seen NU play so unselfishly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT