ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 2 UCLA vs. No. 7 Northwestern

Second foul on Chase.
Beran manned up Jacquez well, then left him when Campbell drove the baseline.

Poof, open three for JJ. Six point deficit.

The only guy that seems to have the bod to bang with these guys is Barnhizer. Everyone else getting pushed around out there when attacking the basket

Reactions: drewjin
Bottom line we seem to be playing them even on both ends of the court but we can’t make either 3’s or layups and that’s not going to be good.

• Sad
Berry missing wide open shots is not a good omen... keep it close enough maybe UCLA will tire out and we can go on a run in the 2nd half

10 was just on Martinelli in the last possession before the timeout. We have to recognize the few mismatches we get. Get him the ball, force the double team. We are not going to blow by these guards. They’re too strong and fast.

Took Boo off the ball there to get him a different look. That post is a big dude tho.

NU is in its own head now.

Cats need to settle down and start putting some pressure on offense. uCLa a good defensive team for sure. Gotta have a plan that involves moving the ball and taking advantage of any mismatches.

UCLA is just a lot better than us and we’re not having one of those fantastic games you need to upset a better team
So far that’s true. And I dont like us switch off of Jacquez. We should keep someone on him like Barnhizer who can shut him down

I don’t even really agree UCLA looks amazingly better than NU. They’re good, but NU is playing good defense, keeping them in range scoring wise. They just can’t make shots. Some is UCLA’s defense, but everybody has the bricks.

25% FGs, 22% from 3. UCLA is not getting our best shot, it’s too bad. They are defending us well but we’ve have plenty of open 3s and drives to the rim that should not have been total bricks or air balls.

Hahahaha Brendan Haywood never took a final at UNC.

NU’s players who are not bearded 7-footers are shooting 22%.

Jacquez is the best player I’ve seen this year.

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
Mick Cronin looks like he's on valium

Tired Movie GIF by Laff

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT