ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for No. 2 UCLA vs. No. 7 Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
The West Region of the NCAA Tournament continues tonight with No. 7 Northwestern (22-11) facing off against No. 2 UCLA (30-5) for a berth in the Sweet Sixteen. The game will tip off at 7:40 CT at the Golden1 Center, the game will be broadcast on TNT.

Don’t like Nicholson foul and Chase foul early. Don’t like missed threes. Bona is a big dude.

This is a very good start for NU. NU has gotten looks. NU is pressuring the ball. Jacquez is a doooood. I loved seeing Barney body him up defensively.

I’m shocked that UCLA has only one turnover. NU has been very disruptive.

I wouldn’t mind them sticking with the full court press all night. We have the guys to beat it and it really could lead to the best looks we’ll get,

This is a very good start for NU. NU has gotten looks. NU is pressuring the ball. Jacquez is a doooood. I loved seeing Barney body him up defensively.

I’m shocked that UCLA has only one turnover. NU has been very disruptive.
Let’s keep it up!

#10...

original.jpg

This is the best team we’ve faced all year. It doesn’t take long to realize that. Size, speed, and skill. Going to take a great effort from everyone.

Reactions: NUCat320
Foul line is a very, very bad trend. It’ll be UCLA’s 7th after the break, while NU hasn’t gotten one yet.

That’s definitely an athleticism gap.

Verhoeven has not had an impact and I hope big Matt is back after the break.

UCLA is by far the best team we’ve seen this year. We better get stronger with the ball or this one will get ugly.

Missed bunnies by NU followed by fast break points on the other end has me banging my head against the wall.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
It will take getting pretty inspired offensively to beat these guys. I don't see us keeping them well under 70. They're strong, fast. It's like we are the Boise State today.

Our fast break finishing is just perplexing

• Sad
NU can play with this (very good) UCLA team, but they need to make shots. So far… it’s the opposite of a good night shoot.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT