ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Wisconsin

NU is 47% from field and 38% from 3 coming into today.

36% and 18% today.

The three starting wings are a combined 2-12.

They’ll turn it around. Feels not too dissimilar from State College.

Reactions: drewjin
This is some of the worst officiating I can remember in a long time. Boo’s getting assaulted every other time down the floor and they’ve hung multiple fouls on every player on our team.
This is 100% spot on. Wisconsin has gotten 4-5 “free” fouls. Preston had 2 phony fouls, Hepburn hit Boo 2 times on the arm. The Boo steal with the arm hitting the face.. after the ball! Ridiculous. Still in the fight though.

As noted above it all comes down to poor shooting except for one player on our team. I'm amazed at how poorly laying langBorg has shot over the last several games. He can't make anything.

Same format as PSU - act like you don't know what planet you're on, then slowly creep back in and win the game. IT COULD HAPPEN!!

Not particularly athletic, aggressive on defense, no great speeed, this WI always looks like a team a mid major will beat.

And then they stay poised and make a lot of good decisions on both ends of the court. Annoyingly mature is what they are.
They are really a good TEAM - just always seem to know where their teammates are.

Reactions: GatoLouco
I don't understand this sub. MN for Hunger. Hunger was doing a decent job. Hitting that three opened up the lane

This is the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen. It’s unreal how one sided and blatantly bad it is.

Reactions: TheC and bjm989
Wisconsin is outshooting NU by ten percentage points, killing it on the boards, getting every call, forcing an inordinately high number of turnovers, and leading by four,

Huge opportunity. NU’s gotta box out.

Reactions: bjm989
So frustrating to watch great defense for most of the possession somehow end up with a wide-open Klesmit shot. Gotta give him credit - he makes the shot every time. Gotta finish these defensive possessions.

Not sure what else clayton and Berry could have done in those charges.

NU still battling through it all. This is a mentally tough team and that going to help them this year

But they kinda bailed BB out. But they’ve done it many times for Bucky

And gotta give em credit for some really tough shots down the stretch. Klesmit and Storr.

And to our earlier discussion of Matt needing to grab the rebound with two hands… oh man he needs to work on that.

Boo so good for the first 37 minutes, so bad for the last three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT