ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Wisconsin

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Matt is waiting in line for parking in Madison, so I'm posting the game thread for him while he makes his way to the Kohl Center. He should be courtside in time for tipoff. I was going to make the trip too, but I looked out the window this morning and decided against it.

Anyway, this is going to be a tough one for the Cats. The Badgers are red hot, having won five straight and 11 of 12. (Of course, MSU had won five straight, too, before the Cats took them down.) The Badgers are ranked 12th in NET rankings, the Cats 69th (!).

Reactions: drewjin
someone ii GIF

Too many weak short two floaters by Barney didn't even make the rim and the last 3 pters bounced off the front of the rim.

Tired legs?

Not ideal to have Big Matt pick up another two cheapies. He’d been defending well.

Not particularly athletic, aggressive on defense, no great speeed, this WI always looks like a team a mid major will beat.

And then they stay poised and make a lot of good decisions on both ends of the court. Annoyingly mature is what they are.

Considering Barney can't make a shot and we have not made a three except for a wild bank shot three we're still in the game. Lots of good steals.

Not particularly athletic, aggressive on defense, no great speeed, this WI always looks like a team a mid major will beat.

And then they stay poised and make a lot of good decisions on both ends of the court. Annoyingly mature is what they are.
Yet they already have 7 turnovers.

Yeah that kid can really shoot. Unfortunately neither Berry or langborg can make anything

Is it my imagination or is every shot short? Except for the bank shot of course.

Last edited:
I got my time zones mixed up and just turned it on to see the WI 3 go in to make it 17-15. If WI goes on a 20-0 run, it is ALL MY FAULT

This is some of the worst officiating I can remember in a long time. Boo’s getting assaulted every other time down the floor and they’ve hung multiple fouls on every player on our team.

I don't like it when they show a replay from the earlier series. Show me what just happened or nothing unless it was truly spectacular.

• Love
We just haven't been able to follow through on a lot of our shots, whereas most of their threes have been more open. In the end, it comes down to: Make shots!

10 falls on us for them. However, it's the fact no one can shoot on the team except boo. Langborg can't make anything for the last couple games

Agent 0 needs help today. Other guys needs some coffee to wake up.

Being down 7 as crappy as the played is not bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT