ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Wisconsin

Some bad turnover near the end of the game. Two offensive rebounds by Wisconsin sealed it.
What sealed it was Storr’s travel that wasn’t called - 2 points for them, 65-63.

Then Nicholson gets hacked, no call, flip the possession arrow, and we don’t score.

And Klesmit hitting the circus shot at the end of the shot clock after the Berry 3.

The mistakes at the end were all down multiple possessions already. Game was already in hand.

What a shame to have it end that way. Losing this game isn’t a huge deal in the end, but the missed opportunity to see how it would end straight up is disappointing.

Game tied 63 63 almost 3 minutes ago and we do not score one point for the remainder of the game. That can't happen.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Starting to get concerned about Lanborg on the road.

I thought Hunger could have played a few more minutes. Just pair him with Nick and Brooks. He has to be able to make a mistake and work through it

Clayton will have a bad plus minus, but seemed more comfortable. Maybe something to build on.

Wisconsin finished game on a 10-2 runs, veterans cannot let that happen.

NU still a very, very good team.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
if Hunger turns the ball over, Collins immediately subs him out.
Happens every time.
But Collins is that way with a lot of guys when he has subs available.
Well, the ball that went through his hands WAS egregious, but you're right.

This is the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen. It’s unreal how one sided and blatantly bad it is.
Zack Edey says hello! Not that I disagree with you in spirit, but the way these B!G games are officiated throughout the conference, it is little wonder why the B!G are early exits in the NCAA Tournament. Start officiating games like the rest of the country does!

Last edited:
Reactions: eastbaycat99
Another thing about Hunger - if the tradeoff is presumably he brings more offense than Nicholson, why did he only take one shot the whole game and none in the first half? What's the point of starting him if he isn't bringing offense in the first half?

I don't agree with you cranky people.

We would have won if we would have made the shots that should be made.

We missed layups, free throws, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin and MC_Cat
What sealed it was Storr’s travel that wasn’t called - 2 points for them, 65-63.

Then Nicholson gets hacked, no call, flip the possession arrow, and we don’t score.

And Klesmit hitting the circus shot at the end of the shot clock after the Berry 3.

The mistakes at the end were all down multiple possessions already. Game was already in hand.

What a shame to have it end that way. Losing this game isn’t a huge deal in the end, but the missed opportunity to see how it would end straight up is disappointing.
The no-call on Crowl hacking Nicholson's dunk was big.
Hard to miss that hack and it is almost automatic to call the foul there, but not today.
The ball off Wahl's hand was "indisputable" on video, but they still gave it to Wisconsin.
That one was really strange.
At one point NU had 4 starters with 3 fouls and Wisconsin had no player with 3 fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin and TheC
I don't agree with you cranky people.

We would have won if we would have made the shots that should be made.

We missed layups, free throws, etc.

I agree that if you never miss a free throw or a shot you should make, you have a good chance.

The refs have a hand in every outcome.
Some games are "worse" than others.
Today they helped Wisconsin win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT