ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. No. 6 Penn State

Even despite giving up chunks on the ground, tackling feels night and day from the first three games of the year. Regardless of how the rest of this game goes, this team looks like it could still find some wins this year

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Go cats! You get that gnawing feeling that PSU will bust this open in the second half. But I admire the fight in these guys. It's not over yet.

Reactions: KnottSlim
Not a huge crowd anyway, but not overly dominant PSU. A lot of students have stayed.

Not like a dOSU game

The PSU offense picked up as soon as Allar picked up a few completions and PSU ran tempo. I hope they keep running the ball against us but I doubt they will do that.
Well, if Allar finds his accuracy, as he did on the TD drive, that’s a different story. But I feel they can get yards consistently on the ground. Their RBs are averaging 5 yards a carry. We haven’t let up any explosive running plays, but they look like they can grind it out and move the ball.

Either way, I’m ecstatic with where we’re at.

Just no blocking whatsoever. Not really understanding OL play well, it seems like our guys are just not physical enough to compete on the line.

OL needs to show at least half the toughness our D is showing. We need to Coach Prime this OL next year if they don't start improving.

OL needs to show at least half the toughness our D is showing. We need to Coach Prime this OL next year if they don't start improving.
PSU’s defense is loaded with pro prospects. This is not about toughness, It is about talent.

I don’t care what the result is.

This team is tough and plays hard and is always less-talented but they come to play.

Crowd is small but that allows us to hear the guys’ “hell yeahs” and grunts after they make a play, or put everything into making that third down become a fourth down.

Good for Braun for keeping this together.

Maybe the decommits reconsider. They committed to a losing program that spent a season getting their ass handed to them, but were willing to accept it for the education and the 40 years pitch. This team doesn’t need a monsoon to hang with a top ten Penn State.

Jake Butt just said it best: “At any point today, this hasn’t been easy for Penn State.” (I’m pretty sure he said it that clumsily.)

NU was easy for three of the last four seasons.

Do our OL not lift weights? How can they be so weak???

That fourth down failed because our OL couldn't even hold their own. They got shoved backwards.

The spot on the third down was terrible. Bryant was inches shy of the line to gain, not two feet. Ugh.

Garbage OL.

Reactions: drewjin
It’s almost like the position coaches that Fitz wasn’t forced to fire were terrible at their jobs and remain so.
The good news is I expect next season we will clean out a lot of these guys whether Braun stays or not.

Reactions: NUCat320
This crap is how you end up with a lopsided score. That was a bad decision. No one on this team knows how to block.

The blow out is on. Too bad. This is almost entirely on the OL. We better make some changes next year.

This crap is how you end up with a lopsided score. That was a bad decision. No one on this team knows how to block.
I want them to try and win and that’s what they’re doing. It’s very obvious our offense can’t do enough to get many (if any) more points so we have to try and get creative. I like the fake punt call. Just didn’t work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT