freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
6 points (2-4 FGs, 2-2 FTs)
3 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block

To go along with some much needed swagger, fight and trash talking. Love what he provided this game. This year he doesn't have to be a star, but for him to give this kind of -- dare I say -- Sanjay-like effort is huge.

6 points (2-4 FGs, 2-2 FTs)
3 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block

To go along with some much needed swagger, fight and trash talking. Love what he provided this game. This year he doesn't have to be a star, but for him to give this kind of -- dare I say -- Sanjay-like effort is huge.
His defense has really improved. It was awful to start the season, now he is our stopper.

Reactions: ricko654321
I felt he kept us in the game in the second half when we were in danger of letting this one get away from us.

He is replacing some of the toughness we lost with Sanjay and now starting to show his offensive skills. It’s been really fun to watch.

Early impression is that his offensive upside surpasses Sanjay's. To me, anyway, it doesn't seem unreasonable that, by his junior year, he could average around 12 & 4 or so, along with solid defense. Potentially, his ceiling could even be a bit higher than that, no?

Reactions: DaCat
Early impression is that his offensive upside surpasses Sanjay's. To me, anyway, it doesn't seem unreasonable that, by his junior year, he could average around 12 & 4 or so, along with solid defense. Potentially, his ceiling could even be a bit higher than that, no?
We figured out our lineup with Gaines and Ash backing up our starters. We have a solid team and have worked out our kinks. Hope we get a split with Michigan and finish 8-2 in BT!

Anthony will need to develop a reliable jump shot to average double digits. But 4 boards a game is definitely doable. He is one of the few Cats who will drive and finish at the rim. Shuold be good for 3-4 FTs per game as well.

Reactions: EagerFan
Anthony will need to develop a reliable jump shot to average double digits. But 4 boards a game is definitely doable. He is one of the few Cats who will drive and finish at the rim. Shuold be good for 3-4 FTs per game as well.
Don't forget steals. He could average at least two to three and could be near the top in the league. He will need to tame a little of the aggressiveness to be able to stay on the court. As you say, he will need that outside jump shot to keep Ds honest. He definitely brings attitude

Reactions: EagerFan
Injuries have given him the opportunity to play and he seems to improve game by game, especially lately. Does not get pushed around out there.

Gaines has been one of my favorite players this year, and his defense has gotten noticeably better. It seems to me that every game he's gotten at least five minutes of play in have resulted in him having at least one steal, some free throws and maybe an assist. Points haven't been big, but I believe they'll come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT