ADVERTISEMENT

Giant purple N

The Block N is great. It seems to me, however, that NU cannot settle on a standard for the graphic. The legs need to be a little wider/bolder. The legs are frequently proportionally different. When they appear skinny, the Block N loses appeal.

When flying the N flag outside my front door, it often appears to be a Z. Wish they would come up with a Vertical N flag (with the length of the N paralleling the long axis of the flag).

Also, just before the Heisman award ceremony in '95, a worker hanging each of the 5 respective school flags looked at ours and asked, "Is that supposed to be a Z ?"

Reactions: NUCat320
I can't stand the screaming cat head. It looks like the San Diego Charger Chicken and a bunch of sparklers being launched at warp speed and exploding.

The whiskers look stupid. The weird trapezoid eye looks stupid. The lightning bolts look stupid. The bottom teeth look like devil horns and that looks stupid too. The whole thing blows. Gimme the block N every time.

And we should not put either the screaming cat or the block N on the top. We should paint a giant image of Fitz on top!

The problem with the standalone "N" is that it is easily confused with other schools including, but not limited to, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota and all the Northerns. For branding purposes the N Cat was and is genius.

I agree about all the block N's. So I have an idea. Maybe we run white Northwestern stripes through it. Brand the N. Brand the purple. And brand the Northwestern stripe all at the same time. I think it would look pretty good. And it would distinguish ours from all the others.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Long live the N-Cat.

Besides who wants to see all those N-Cat flags that flew across the world become obsolete, much less our purple paraphernalia purchases.

DSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg

Hard to believe it is already three years now since LTP's NU Flag project concluded. My final posting on the site:

"Thanks for the memories. Honored that multiple views were selected of the Purple in my state. Should note though that Barrow is in fact north of the Arctic Circle.

Have posted NU flag shots in Alaska and the Netherlands, but my favorites were on the rim of the steaming Volcano in Hawaii and the view with The Rock of Gibralter in the background in honor of our own "Rock."

noavatar92.png

Alaskawildcat Alaskawildcat3 years ago

Reactions: FloridAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT