ADVERTISEMENT

Golf doesn't rebuild-- they reload

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Congrats on a big team win in the first tournament of the year at Inverness. Cats beat a pretty solid field by a convincing 10 strokes. Three guys in the top 5 including a tie for first for Jack Perry and a top 5 finish for Whalen in his very first college tournament. This bodes well.

You're correct, they don't rebuild golf road... it's just an endless construction delays with nobody doing any work.

There are a lot of nice kids on this team, and prior teams as well. Good guys, all of them, save one late 80s grad who shall go nameless. :)

I've played with many of the recent grads who are doing well, and there's a reason they're doing well. Solid, solid games. Nothing flashy. Nothing that makes you say "wow, what a ridiculous talent". No shots you can't even fathom; indeed, no shots you haven't hit a thousand times yourself. Just guys who get the ball in the hole. Beautiful golf.

I agree with everything you say about the kids, but I do think you might be selling their games a bit short. I've seen Eric Chun play an awful lot of golf (including following him on the course at the British Open at St. Andrews) and this kid hits shots that will blow your mind. I remember a 315 yard 3 wood around a tree onto the green. He's a very creative player with the skills to pull it off. One problem we have with the team, though, is depth. Our top guys are incredible but we sometimes struggle with that last score that counts.

Hi doc! Just got a shot of cortisone in my elbow and shoulder. Hope I can play in spring. I'm excited to see the next Luke Donald next fall! Heard the kid is amazing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT