ADVERTISEMENT

Good Opening Day for the B1G

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
10-2 in OOC. No bad upsets against conference teams. Purdue looked pretty good against Louisville in their loss. Michigan beat Florida. Maryland beat Texas.

The rest of the teams may not have made their fans perfectly happy but they took care of business.

10-2 in OOC. No bad upsets against conference teams. Purdue looked pretty good against Louisville in their loss. Michigan beat Florida. Maryland beat Texas.

The rest of the teams may not have made their fans perfectly happy but they took care of business.
Doormats Rutgers and Purdue looked much better. Not sure it will be reflected in W/L record, but they might spring a B1G upset.

Reactions: rmndcat
Doormats Rutgers and Purdue looked much better. Not sure it will be reflected in W/L record, but they might spring a B1G upset.
We definitely looked the best conference top to bottom. Illinois probably looked the worst in their win.

Hard to tell with Maryland. Texas' defense was amazingly bad. They had no idea where they were supposed to be.

So what's the take in the West. I will give mine with caveat that I only saw highlights of Iowa and parts of a few other West Teams.

Whisky- tale of two halves, first half did not look good at all. Hornibrook is hit or miss. Utah State outplayed them in the first half before being worn down. They can be beat.

Nebby- stop with this black shirt malarkey. Defense was not good. QB is an upgrade, but they will be in some shootouts.

Iowa- held premier QB to 3 points, might be better than predicted.

Minny- highlight was PJ sprinting out of the tunnel insuring the camera stayed on him. QB play shaky.

Purdue- liked the HC hire, still do. Not enough talent to consistently win, but seem way better and capable of springing an upset or two.

Illinois- good thing Dudek is back or they would of lost to Ball State. Their O line makes ours look like the Cowboys.

NU- if we don't get healthy CB's for the conference schedule, we will struggle. If they are healthy, we can beat any of these teams.

I only saw highlights, but man does Maryland have some speed on that defense. They might be scary this year, especially if that frosh QB starts to get comfortable.

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT