ADVERTISEMENT

Got my tickets

So programs like PSU, dOSU and Mich get a huge break because of the maximum and whereas the smaller programs all have to pay the 30% or more?
Or you can say that the smaller programs are again benefitting from the larger programs who contribute more. I don’t think the smaller schools can complain since they all get an equal share in the media deal.

W-29 here. So few rows and so close to the field that I couldn’t see ponying up for the seats that are $750-1000 donation level. There were more of those left than at the $250 donation level when my time slot opened up at 10am this morning. Think they got a little over zealous or greedy on the donation amounts.
That is putting it mildly

Reactions: ricko654321
I would advise anyone who uses the possibility of concerts as enhancing the value of a seat license or required donation to think again.

Pop Music is not my “milieux”, but I’m having a hard time figuring out the artists/bands that Northwestern is going to present as a “one off” that will attract attendance of 8-20,000 fans, Acts that wouldn’t perform at outdoor music venues or stadia across the country as arranged by Live Nation or another concert promoter.
NU’s licensing partner IMG Learfield will not have a hard time figuring that out. It is their business.

Such a low bar

So programs like PSU, dOSU and Mich get a huge break because of the maximum and whereas the smaller programs all have to pay the 30% or more?

No.

The schools that you mention receive less return than what they contribute.

PSU, OSU, Mich (and you can safely assume Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin all qualify, [as will Oregon and USC]), contribute $1 million every home conference game - the cap of the required contribution. . Because many others are not contributing the cap, the pooled number will be less than $1m returned

Wait until they release the “student section tickets” for the three games taking place prior to classes starting.

There will be lots of tickets available at much lower prices than what season ticket holders were offered. Hopefully it’s an eye opener for them and informs their plans for the new stadium.
The EIU game is a Saturday night game right before new student week. I’d expect pretty good attendance as a lot of kids are on campus that weekend.

Those before? Hard to say. There are a reasonable amount of students in Evanston in early Sept. Attendance for those games always sucks so not sure whether there is anything but upside with the novelty of an on campus stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT