ADVERTISEMENT

graduating and leaving vs. graduating and staying vs. leaving and not graduating

For NU, I guess the most famous JUCO transfer is NFL Hall of Famer Steve Tasker. Played 2 years at Dodge City Community College, then 2 years at NU, graduating in 1985. I don't know if we've had a JUCO transfer since.
Thanks, I was thinking Tasker as well

Last edited:
For NU, I guess the most famous JUCO transfer is NFL Hall of Famer Steve Tasker. Played 2 years at Dodge City Community College, then 2 years at NU, graduating in 1985. I don't know if we've had a JUCO transfer since.
Thank you for providing an actual example: however Tasker is not in the NFL HOF, but is on the Bills Wall of Fame and was on their 50 year All-Time team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Tasker

I think the most disappointing thing for all of us lifelong Cat fans is that CCC was not able to build off of the NCAA year. First recruiting class was his best. It’s been arguably downhill ( or back to historic NU levels) ever since.

And while the admissions issues are and will always be there, no longer can we blame poor facilities or lack of institutional support for the poor recruiting classes.

College basketball is all about recruiting. CCC certainly learned that at Duke and knows it now. The program is back to where it was when CCC was hired. Here’s hoping that CCC can turn it around again. I’m pulling for him.

But if he can’t can we get Pat Baldwin back? And have him bring his kid with him?

I think the most disappointing thing for all of us lifelong Cat fans is that CCC was not able to build off of the NCAA year. First recruiting class was his best. It’s been arguably downhill ( or back to historic NU levels) ever since.

And while the admissions issues are and will always be there, no longer can we blame poor facilities or lack of institutional support for the poor recruiting classes.

College basketball is all about recruiting. CCC certainly learned that at Duke and knows it now. The program is back to where it was when CCC was hired. Here’s hoping that CCC can turn it around again. I’m pulling for him.

But if he can’t can we get Pat Baldwin back? And have him bring his kid with him?

NU going to the Rosemont Horizon after the tournament year was like Elizabeth Berkley doing Showgirls after Saved By The Bell.

In time, decades later, we may be able to find moments of joy from the Rosemont year, even though, like Showgirls, it destroyed many careers.

NU going to the Rosemont Horizon after the tournament year was like Elizabeth Berkley doing Showgirls after Saved By The Bell.

In time, decades later, we may be able to find moments of joy from the Rosemont year, even though, like Showgirls, it destroyed many careers.
I liked Elizabeth Berkeley in showgirls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT