ADVERTISEMENT

Greenstein calls out Fitz

1830sherman

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
After Penn State debacle, it’s past time for Pat Fitzgerald to shuffle his offensive staff

...and these tweets from the presser...
Teddy Greenstein‏Verified account@TeddyGreenstein 8m8 minutes ago
Asked about bright spots, Fitz politely joked, “awesome question” and did not mention a single one.
Teddy Greenstein‏Verified account@TeddyGreenstein 17m17 minutes ago
I asked Fitz about potential staff changes on O. He said it’s “fair” for people to feel that way but looks at issue “holistically.”

After Penn State debacle, it’s past time for Pat Fitzgerald to shuffle his offensive staff

Asked about bright spots, Fitz politely joked, “awesome question” and did not mention a single one.
I asked Fitz about potential staff changes on O. He said it’s “fair” for people to feel that way but looks at issue “holistically.”
Holistically, the NU offense is a shit-storm.....

Reactions: IGNORE2 and Fitz51
The blue collar kid from the South Side of Chicago is using a word like "holistically" to fend off criticism of his staff? The continued struggles of the offensive line are bringing down the entire team and causing long time fans to check out. How's that for a holistic view of the situation?

Oops, Teddy just lost his credentials. Sad

Reactions: beetlemania74
If he doesn’t fire the offensive staff, he should be fired. He should fire Cushing first and the rest at the end of the year. That guy should not be a college coach

The blue collar kid from the South Side of Chicago is using a word like "holistically" to fend off criticism of his staff? The continued struggles of the offensive line are bringing down the entire team and causing long time fans to check out. How's that for a holistic view of the situation?
And I doubt Thorson sticks around if he can transfer to a Top 10 team after he graduates aka Russel WIlson. I mean why stick around and get pounded and cornholed? Sad,

Reactions: IGNORE2
If he doesn’t fire the offensive staff, he should be fired. He should fire Cushing first and the rest at the end of the year. That guy should not be a college coach
If they would just let go of Cushing and get two well credentialed coaches, I think that would make a big difference with out upsetting the holistic Karma of the team.

And I doubt Thorson sticks around if he can transfer to a Top 10 team after he graduates aka Russel WIlson. I mean why stick around and get pounded and cornholed? Sad,
I could see that. His early NFL hopes have probably been dashed but the hype at the beginning of the season would make him attractive to some programs who feel they have an empty spot at QB. The press around the transfer would help call attention to him and if he did well, that would seal it.

If they would just let go of Cushing and get two well credentialed coaches, I think that would make a big difference with out upsetting the holistic Karma of the team.
Why are we talking about this still? Why hasn't Fitz addressed this since Engals left? None of this is new.

Also pretty condescending of him to say it's "fair" for us to feel this way. We're not little kids being told to eat our veggies. We have other options for things to do on Saturday afternoons.

Why are we talking about this still? Why hasn't Fitz addressed this since Engals left? None of this is new.
All we are allowed do is talk or quitting fans. I'd rather talk.

Crap? I am legitimately concerned. Sorry but Thorson has options and it's reasonable to assume he may pull a Russel WIlson and win somewhere else.

Is that so? How do you know he has options? Or that he's even considered leaving?

Reactions: Hornet4d
I think he asked a legit question. Are there bigt ten rules against it? I would think that he would have many options and he would be silly not to consider all of them.
Of course he has options. He is graduating and any coach would love to have him. Let's not act like it's Thorson's fault and that he isn't that good. He is and he has options.

Of course he has options. He is graduating and any coach would love to have him. Let's not act like it's Thorson's fault and that he isn't that good. He is and he has options.

Do you have the option of responding to posters other than yourself?

Reactions: phatcat
Perhaps we have found yet another alter ego... no bigger Green fan than Turk.
You see Turk ghost behind every comment. Make everything about me if you want, you seem to be good at it. But the truth remains, I can't see Thorson here next year. Will he stay, I guess he could if he wanted to, but why? Kid has NFL scouts all looking at him but he can't be his best or even set up with the ball without him being crushed. As said previously, this may be Russell WIlson all over again, why not? Fans wanna know.

Reactions: IGNORE2
You see Turk ghost behind every comment. Make everything about me if you want, you seem to be good at it. But the truth remains, I can't see Thorson here next year. Will he stay, I guess he could if he wanted to, but why? Kid has NFL scouts all looking at him but he can't be his best or even set up with the ball without him being crushed. As said previously, this may be Russell WIlson all over again, why not? Fans wanna know.
Found out that there are no restrictions and that Thorson has the right to go to another school to start his real career if he graduates this year. Id personally prefer him to go to Notre Dame next year if he decided to advance his career and NFL stock.

Another thing, Turk, you were right again and addressed your coined "The Problem of Fitz" a long time ago and told us exactly what was going to happen even as DaCat blasted you and gocatsgo was still firmly in the Fitz camp trying for a new gig.
While it is good to see DaCat and gocatsgo finally admit the loyalty holistic approach is a complete disaster, do you think there is anything Fitz can do now to salvage our season?

I could see that. His early NFL hopes have probably been dashed but the hype at the beginning of the season would make him attractive to some programs who feel they have an empty spot at QB. The press around the transfer would help call attention to him and if he did well, that would seal it.
If that happens the empty spot at QB would be in Evanston.

That has to be a joke, right?

I am afraid he is not joking but obviously he has no clue what he is saying. These fans have no clue what it takes to be a good quarterback on a P5 team. It is incredibly hard and it is that much harder to be a great P5 Qb who can lead your team to victory despite your team's deficiencies like Dan Persa did at NU during junior year. Right now Clayton Thorson has not taken that next step in his evolution to become a great QB but he is a good QB who can pick a defense apart if he has a good surrounding cast. That being said, let's not take Thorson for granted. We have all seen how bad an offense can look when you are forced to play a mediocre, inexperienced QB. We've had a few of those at NU and Clayton Thorson sure isn't one of them.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I am afraid he is not joking but obviously he has no clue what he is saying. These fans have no clue what it takes to be a good quarterback on a P5 team. It is incredibly hard and it is that much harder to be a great P5 Qb who can lead your team to victory despite your team's deficiencies like Dan Persa did at NU during junior year. Right now Clayton Thorson has not taken that next step in his evolution to become a great QB but he is a good QB who can pick a defense apart if he has a good surrounding cast. That being said, let's not take Thorson for granted. We have all seen how bad an offense can look when you are forced to play a mediocre, inexperienced QB. We've had a few of those at NU and Clayton Thorson sure isn't one of them.
Thor fit that description as a Freshman.

Found out that there are no restrictions and that Thorson has the right to go to another school to start his real career if he graduates this year. Id personally prefer him to go to Notre Dame next year if he decided to advance his career and NFL stock.
ND has a QB or more. Why would he go there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT