ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Newsome "considering" Move to IMG

Texas has banned any Texas school from playing IMG. They want IMG gone. Some college coaches have pressure put on them by Texas high school coaches to at the very least to not speak well of IMG
Interesting.

I am Jango roommate till the end of July. I am living in Evanston
I think I was driving behind your car on Central St. yesterday morning. Lots of NU stickers and Cincinnati Bengal Ohio plates identifying your son by name?

Texas has banned any Texas school from playing IMG. They want IMG gone. Some college coaches have pressure put on them by Texas high school coaches to at the very least to not speak well of IMG

IMG picked off a highly regarded Ohio kid recently and it really irked (and scared) some Ohio coaches I know.

Reactions: CatsDad
I think I was driving behind your car on Central St. yesterday morning. Lots of NU stickers and Cincinnati Bengal Ohio plates identifying your son by name?
That was me. A maroon CRV I bought the year Jango started pee wee football. I drive it to all his football stuff

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ae5ipw.jpg

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Greg is going to IMG to become a better athlete and to make the biggest impact as a freshman at NU which he is 100% commitment too!! This opportunity he couldn't pass up playing against the best athletes everyday! Getting him college ready is his #1 goal!! There is no other program that compares to the coaching staff and what Coach Fitz does for these student athletes on and off the field. IMG is no cake walk. But he knows that once he gets through a season there, The transition to NU will be a lot easier!! He is doing what's best for his future!

Greg is going to IMG to become a better athlete and to make the biggest impact as a freshman at NU which he is 100% commitment too!! This opportunity he couldn't pass up playing against the best athletes everyday! Getting him college ready is his #1 goal!! There is no other program that compares to the coaching staff and what Coach Fitz does for these student athletes on and off the field. IMG is no cake walk. But he knows that once he gets through a season there, The transition to NU will be a lot easier!! He is doing what's best for his future!

Welcome to the boards. Glad Greg is seeking out the best coaching and competition he can get at the high school level while maintaining his commitment to NU.

How can anyone pass up free tuition to the greatest place on the planet for a High School student athlete? Your son will be a better player, a better man, and a better student. He will understand the grind of D1 college football. He will also be on the most talented team he will ever play for. Make lifelong friends and be an Alumni of the greatest team in the country. #RiseUp

I think that nice white car needs to be painted half purple. Or a purple leather interior....Nice

How can anyone pass up free tuition to the greatest place on the planet for a High School student athlete? Your son will be a better player, a better man, and a better student. He will understand the grind of D1 college football. He will also be on the most talented team he will ever play for. Make lifelong friends and be an Alumni of the greatest team in the country. #RiseUp

Hope the most talented team he plays with is NU/NFL!

Reactions: Cn31274 and CatsDad
Not to nick pick, Mr Jango, but I meant the NU team would beat IMG. Of course a lot of that is because they are older, stronger, more experienced. So I guess I was looking at the definition of talent from a different angle. It is true we don't have any 5 star recruits and only a handful of 4 star recruits. However, we do have 85 P5 recruited players.

If you combined 4 straight recruiting classes then IMG talent would likely translate into stop 10 team each year, so I understand your point.

Welcome. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to Greg on 1) going to IMG, and 2) joining the NU family.

Because he is looking for an higher ranked or SEC offer. Otherwise you are right.

Unless proven otherwise, I think we're all under the assumption that he's looking for the best competition/coaching available while sticking by his commitment to NU.

Because he is looking for an higher ranked or SEC offer. Otherwise you are right.

Do you know Greg? If not, I would suggest you take him for his word. After all he already had 25+ offers and is surely smart enough to know that he would get more "higher ranked" or the almighty SEC offers by just waiting it out or by getting the word out he was interested. His camp performance was excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT