ADVERTISEMENT

Guaranteed 4 year scholarship & JV transfers

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
I have heard it stated that NU is one of the only major programs - and perhaps the only - that guarantees a player's football scholarship for four years. Don't know about other sports. Again, I don't know, but if this is the case, is the only way to lose the scholarship, absent some moral/legal issue, is to fail academically? For the free market capitalists out there, any thought that some of the players may lack motivation due to this? Will other programs pull a scholarship? If so, does this put NU at a disadvantage? Certainly understandable how players can lose focus. Football is very demanding. Get a little hurt, get placed down on the depth chart, stressed out over academics, etc.

Also, on another matter that I have brought up before, I still don't understand why NU doesn't occasionally take a Juco transfer, particularly in the kicking game. NU has good students but last time I checked they weren't all in the rocket science program.

Last edited:
Tough transitions for jocks. Cold winters, entrenched professor and peers,and god awful tough academic choirs. Not an easy thing to transfer into. Now Arizona State? Different matter.

I think every school in the B1G now guarantees four year scholarships for football, though that doesn't keep weasels like Harbaugh from finding ways to run off guys he no longer needs.

Are you talking about JUCO transfers? I don't think there is a specific admissions policy against it, but my guess is that we couldn't consider 95% of them based on their high school admissions portfolios.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT