ADVERTISEMENT

Hank

Two program legends showing respect in this thread.

That was early in Fitz's tenure and he was still finding himself as a coach. Having a wiley wizard of defense solidify that side of the ball must have been great. I just hope we can eventually find someone to replace him--hard to believe anyone could do as much as he does to prepare the defense every week and every season.

Reactions: drewjin and 4IUSox2
Hank is awesome! Barnett advised Fitz to hire him. Thankful that NU has had the leadership of Barnett then Walker then Fitz. Like how Fitz called out credit to such a great leader of our defense. What a game they played...may have been the best defensive effort I can ever remember by the Cats...and that is a long time.

Losing an all B1G DE, having HM all B1G safety and another starting DE opt out, and losing 2 DTs off the bat, at a place where it’s not easy to build quality depth, and still fielding a top 10 defense in the country. Also despite having almost no running game to control the time of possession.

Hankwitz has done an amazing job. I feel guilty for not appreciating his greatness enough in the past. This secondary and defense is incredible.

Wisconsin's offense coming into the game looked like a juggernaut.

vs. Illannoys: 45 pts
vs. Meatchicken: 49 pts.
vs. NU: 7 pts.

Great accomplishment by Hank and his men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT