ADVERTISEMENT

Has NU improved?

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
since last playing Purdue? I feel like the team is better now than when they last played Purdue.
Barney's hand is better.
All three of the centers have shone improvement.
Langborg has found his shot.
Berry is still a little hot and cold but by all accounts his D is improving.

I know most teams improve over the course of a season but I'm curious what others think as we head to Purdue.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Yes. I don't think it has to do with Berry or Langborg at all though. The biggest difference is MN is playing well again. We'll need him in there with Eddy. Brooks definitely keeps getting better and better on both sides of the ball. Boo keeps getting better and better too.

Definitely feels like they are playing their best ball right now. In addition to Nicholson playing better stats-wise, it feels like his fouls have gone down even with the increased playing time. We'll need a lot of fouls Wednesday, but even more we need to keep Nicholson on the floor.

The Cats have improved since then, but it's no small thing bearding a Boilermaker in its den.

But if the Cats can shoot over 50% from three again and have at least six players in double digits, I like our odds.

Reactions: phatcat
Honestly, I think we are at peak right now.

We have played very well since the shellacking in Champaign. The defense vs. OSU was lights out (OSU offense went dark in that second half with 10 points in the first 11 minutes; then they checked out).

The minutes are adding up, but our guys don't look fatigued yet. Berry's injury is a charlie horse gift from Langborg a day before OSU, but he should be fine in a few days.

OSU's offense in the second half was mostly a slightly out of control Thornton driving into the nearest crowd of Cats he could target and falling down into them. I admit, it worked out for him pretty well.

Reactions: eastbaycat99
The Cats have improved since then, but it's no small thing bearding a Boilermaker in its den.

But if the Cats can shoot over 50% from three again and have at least six players in double digits, I like our odds.
Winning on the road in this conf is so damned hard. 🤞for @Minn, otherwise any away win is a bonus

Last edited:
Reactions: EagerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT