ADVERTISEMENT

Has Turner ever made an outside shot?

Yes, but he’s streaky and seems better from a corner. But he is streaky.

Truth is also he entered the game at a point in the first half, missed a shot, and someone jumped off the bench immediately to replace him.

Second half, he misses a shot at the end of the shot clock. Buzzer even sounds. And someone jumps immediately off the bench. When he is substituted he shakes his head.

Won’t ever have confident players if they are afraid of missing.

Reactions: IGNORE
True. He’s had a close to pathetic season so far. But it worries me if players are thinking they can’t miss an open shot or they will be replaced

Wonder if they recruit over anyone on the team. There are some schollies available.

So how's this for shooting by our guards:

Spencer 0-7 (0-3 from three point range)
Gaines 2-5 (0-2)
Buie 1-6 (0-3)
Turner 0-6 (0-4)

Collectively 0-12 on threes.

That is some shtty shooting.

Reactions: IGNORE
Buie's going to be a nice guard. You can already see he's becoming more confident in traffic. I also like how he pushes the ball.

Spencer is definately a calming influence, but if you don't see multiple weaknesses in his game, I dont know what to say.

So the question I'd have if I were Collins is whether Spencer's leadership is more valuable than Buie's development.

On the other hand, maybe they aren't mutually exclusive.

I think some of you are missing the 12 rebounds by Buie and Spencer.

So how's this for shooting by our guards:

Spencer 0-7 (0-3 from three point range)
Gaines 2-5 (0-2)
Buie 1-6 (0-3)
Turner 0-6 (0-4)

Collectively 0-12 on threes.

That is some shtty shooting.

Gains is about a 40% shooter anyway. So he had a normal game. Despite his shooting, Buie had his best game yet. Turner offers next to nothing at the moment. Average ball handler, can’t shoot. He needs to step up or he’ll rarely see the floor.

Isn’t Kopp a guard too? He shot a little better.

He has ability we saw it at times last year. Maybe if he finds a rhythm we will have more games like the Providence upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT