ADVERTISEMENT

Hazing in college 2003 vs 2023

WildcatAbe43

Jul 19, 2023
Twenty years ago the #1 movie in the country was a film by the name of Old School.

This movie romanticized hazing in a male setting as a coming of age experience.
Much of the hazing prevalent in this movie was sexual in nature.

The late 90s to early 2000s was the American Pie era. It helped shaped the concept of masculinity for the millennial male. Notice how you don’t see those types of “sex comedy’s” made anymore. Teen movies are often dramatic and depressing in todays cinema. It’s not surprising that this stuff finally came to a boiling point as we move further and further away from that era. I’d reckon that the vast majority of current Northwestern players have never seen Old School or American Pie.

Twenty years ago the #1 movie in the country was a film by the name of Old School.

The late 90s to early 2000s was the American Pie era. It helped shaped the concept of masculinity for the millennial male. Notice how you don’t see those types of “sex comedy’s” made anymore. Teen movies are often dramatic and depressing in todays cinema. It’s not surprising that this stuff finally came to a boiling point as we move further and further away from that era. I’d reckon that the vast majority of current Northwestern players have never seen Old School or American Pie.

Yup two of my favorite movies.

They’re missing out. Good movies..

Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!

I’m gon do one more!

Maybe they were chanting Yates Masterbates! Yates Masterbates!
Was flipping through channels on a slow weekend and came across Old School and watched it. It still cracks me up. The scene with Blue wrestling the two girls in the KY Jelly filled baby pool is hilarious.

Ayn Rand prophecized this turn

Keep in mind Fitz and Gragg were men of this era. Mike Schill was a man of the animal house era. It’s easy to see why these three men didn’t take these allegations as seriously as they should have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT