ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, a die-hard "subway" alum

Great stuff. Thanks for posting the link. I am sure many of us here on this board share her sentiments including as she concluded writing:

"And still, each year, my favorite thing to do is organize our travel to Northwestern football games. This year is my 25th college reunion, and 25 years since that Notre Dame upset.
If there's any way I can travel safely to Evanston for the Nebraska game on October 3, that's where I'll be. Regardless, this year I celebrate a quarter century of exquisite pain. I wouldn't change a thing."

isn't a subway alum someone who didn't attend your school but is a fan? She's an alumna

However - my close friend in Evanston is cat-crazy and he went to Loyola.
Think so, and IF that's the case, then I (and a good handful of others here) would qualify as that. Great read. As Willy said, we need a whole lot more like her - be they alums, subway alums or anything else. Would get a kick out of chatting with her, as all of us would. I couldn't match her stories by any means, but having attended eighty road football games in seventeen states, I have no demonstrable immunity to the NU bug. Thanks for posting this, Sauce. :)

Think so, and IF that's the case, then I (and a good handful of others here) would qualify as that. Great read. As Willy said, we need a whole lot more like her - be they alums, subway alums or anything else. Would get a kick out of chatting with her, as all of us would. I couldn't match her stories by any means, but having attended eighty road football games in seventeen states, I have no demonstrable immunity to the NU bug. Thanks for posting this, Sauce. :)
Yep and thinking the subway alum moniker got it's start with all of the ND non alums, mostly from Chicago's southside who follow them exclusively.

Last edited:
My group of fraternity brothers are now in the midst of 50 year reunions. About 25 or more of us have been gathering at Homecoming for the past 15 years or so. I truly hope this Fall continues the tradition. If not, hey, 2021 here we come!

isn't a subway alum someone who didn't attend your school but is a fan? She's an alumna

However - my close friend in Evanston is cat-crazy and he went to Loyola.

I'll plead guilty. When I first read it I thought it was strictly her friends that were alums.

My group of fraternity brothers are now in the midst of 50 year reunions. About 25 or more of us have been gathering at Homecoming for the past 15 years or so. I truly hope this Fall continues the tradition. If not, hey, 2021 here we come!
I'll be out for my 55th on October 3. Maybe we can get together and find the author of the article. What fraternity?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT