ADVERTISEMENT

Highwater mark

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
That 3rd quarter start was awesome. I don't know what the coaches said in the locker room, but hats off, we played with our hair on fire.

Elite Thorson was back.

When Fessler's shin was down and the call was overturned, and then we punched it in to draw within 3. Then the D held for a 3 and out including the overturned call on Victor's miss.

I thought we were going to win it.

But, alas, it was not meant to be. We had another final surge at the end where my hopes got up again with Thorson showing up again, but we only came away with 3. And then the Bucks stuffed us and put it away.

I'm hurt by this loss, perhaps, more than most others here. But, I do have to say it was a good show. Haskins was just too much.

We got a sniff this year. Let's come back next year and win it all.

Last edited:
Im hoping they get another crack at it one day, but who knows if Fitz ever gets back there.

That 3rd quarter start was awesome. I don't know what the coaches said in the locker room, but hats off, we played with our hair on fire.

Elite Thorson was back.

When Fessler's shin was down and the call was overturned, and then we punched it in to draw within 3. Then the D held for a 3 and out including the overturned call on Victor's miss.

But, alas, it was not meant to be. We had another final surge at the end where my hopes got up again with Thorson showing up again, but we only came away with 3. And then the Bucks stuffed us and put it away.

I'm hurt by this loss, perhaps, more than most others here. But, I do have to say it was a good show. Haskins was just too much.

Haskins threw the ball well, had a quick release. But we gave him way too long to pass many times.

On the other side, our qb often did not have enough time to work.

Hunter Johnson will lead us to at least one of these games; I feel pretty confident in that especially as we add more high-end WRs.

Elite Thorson was back.

Haskins has my vote for Heisman. He was that good.

Also: I don't have a vote for Heisman.

Im hoping they get another crack at it one day, but who knows if Fitz ever gets back there.

We're going back next year and we will win it. Go Cats! Awesome effort yesterday, Haskins was just too much, that Buckeye team beats any team in the B1G the way they played the last few weeks.

Reactions: NUCat320
The division is a lot more competitive with Frost, Fleck, and Brohm.

You forgot "and Fitz". Jesus give it a rest. We are good and can compete with any team in the West and most in the East. We will be better next year, deal with it.

You forgot "and Fitz". Jesus give it a rest. We are good and can compete with any team in the West and most in the East. We will be better next year, deal with it.

Exactly. I believe the division will improve, but that improvement will include the Cats. We really haven't even begun to realize the benefits from the new facilities.

I think you guys really are taking for granted how difficult winning a division is.

Dan Marino thought hed have many opportunities to win the super bowl after he lost.

Where do you keeo coming up with these intelligent posts, time and time again? Do you gave to work on these, or are you naturally this gifted? At any rate, keeo up the good work!

Sincerely.

No one, ever.

I think you guys really are taking for granted how difficult winning a division is.

Dan Marino thought hed have many opportunities to win the super bowl after he lost.

Beating a handful of other teams for the west title is a bit different than beating an entire league for the Super Bowl.

Reactions: StreamCat
Seriously, NU is in a good place right now and has only been in the new facility for half of a season. There are advantages to the facility that haven't even ramped up yet like winter and spring development, bowl practice. Long term we can expect some recruiting bump and short term some developmental bump.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Really proud of the way the Cats came back in the third quarter. OSU fans were remarkedly quiet for those 15 minutes. On the other hand those in purple were loud and proud. Looking forward to many more visits to Indy.

For a few moments in the 3rd and 4th it looked like NU could win. Then Haskins and the roof fell in on NU.

Good on NU for getting to this game and staying in it for most of it. NU fought like Wildcats.

I still have big problems w McCall. NU was down 14, was driving and got to about the 50. 3rd and 3. McCall runs Moten wide and loses 4 yards. 4th and 7 pass incomplete and the end comes.

For a few moments in the 3rd and 4th it looked like NU could win. Then Haskins and the roof fell in on NU.

Good on NU for getting to this game and staying in it for most of it. NU fought like Wildcats.

I still have big problems w McCall. NU was down 14, was driving and got to about the 50. 3rd and 3. McCall runs Moten wide and loses 4 yards. 4th and 7 pass incomplete and the end comes.

The 3rd down play call was made knowing they were going if they didn’t pick it up. A conservative call is fine, but Moten did the one thing he couldn’t in that scenario — lose yardage after trying to bounce outside.

Elite Thorson was back.

ECat, glad to hear you are stable and optimistic after last night’s game.

I was screaming at the TV then.

Agree, we could upgrade on the offensive coaching. Give us something that is worthy to pair with Hank. I also continue to hope that we upgrade our OL coaching, but I realize this is never going to happen.

I was screaming at the TV then.

Agree, we could upgrade on the offensive coaching. Give us something that is worthy to pair with Hank. I also continue to hope that we upgrade our OL coaching, but I realize this is never going to happen.

I also think our offense is holding back Fitz from getting this program to the next level. The way we started the third quarter is the way we should have started the game. We never got Bowser going and passing on 80% of first downs was a bad idea. We needed to be more unpredictable.

The 3rd down play call was made knowing they were going if they didn’t pick it up. A conservative call is fine, but Moten did the one thing he couldn’t in that scenario — lose yardage after trying to bounce outside.
You don't think it was designed to go wide?

Really proud of the way the Cats came back in the third quarter. OSU fans were remarkedly quiet for those 15 minutes. On the other hand those in purple were loud and proud. Looking forward to many more visits to Indy.

An added bonus was all the accolades that the talking heads were able to pile on about our players and program during that time period. It sure beat hearing about the other quarterback's mother.

This was one of the critical calls in the game. NU cannot run sweeps-whether it be JJTBC, Moten or Bowser carrying the ball. I don't know whether it is scheme or OL deficiencies but those plays should be eliminated from the play book. Run off tackle or the edge but never along the line of scrimmage. We had OSU beat in Columbus a couple of years ago and the same thing happened inside the 5 yard line

We also had first and goal from the 6 , gained 3 on first down and then threw 2 incompletions, settling for a field goal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT