ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl Purple Party ?

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
If anyone is interested I will try to arrange a Purple Party in San Diego. This would not be the well organized event that FA usually sets up but a casual get together . I would suggest The Princess Pub , 1665 India Street, San Diego near Little Italy. The Holiday Bowl Parade starts a couple of blocks away at 10 AM so I would suggest watch the parade then head to the pub for the "party" from 11 AM -2PM. . It would be order and pay for what you want to eat and drink

The Trolley stop is 1-2 blocks away . If you leave The Princess Pub by 2PM , there should not be a problem getting to Qualcom for the game

If you are interested -please respond on the board. If there is enough interest, I will finalize arrangements with The Princess Pub. This event would be similar to the one before the Cal game 5-6 years ago

Good for you! You will find that it can be very enjoyable Getting a whole bunch of folks together. OK sometimes a bit of a pain in the ass. If I can assist or consult you in anyway, like dealing with restaurant management etc., please contact me privately. I would be glad to give you my two cents worth.

PS as I will not be going to San Diego, just too expensive from here, I am really glad to see that someone is making an effort to get a bunch of folks together. Might I suggest that you consult our local experts,like West CoastWildcat, if you need suggestions for a party location. I have consulted the locals many times and gotten a lot of great ideas.

If anyone is interested I will try to arrange a Purple Party in San Diego. This would not be the well organized event that FA usually sets up but a casual get together . I would suggest The Princess Pub , 1665 India Street, San Diego near Little Italy. The Holiday Bowl Parade starts a couple of blocks away at 10 AM so I would suggest watch the parade then head to the pub for the "party" from 11 AM -2PM. . It would be order and pay for what you want to eat and drink

The Trolley stop is 1-2 blocks away . If you leave The Princess Pub by 2PM , there should not be a problem getting to Qualcom for the game

If you are interested -please respond on the board. If there is enough interest, I will finalize arrangements with The Princess Pub. This event would be similar to the one before the Cal game 5-6 years ago

I'm in if I can make it to San Diego.

Here are some of the WildcatReport group who showed up at the aforementioned Cal event (for which docrugby was instrumental in helping organize.)

Certainly would make for a great reunion to meet again.

DSCN6729_zpsb0256ee0.jpg
DSCN6720_zps1bb22317.jpg

DSCN6724_zps55f536a1.jpg
DSCN6740_zps4bf5cf4e.jpg
DSCN6738_zps18c0c98a.jpg
DSCN6730_zpsfefa13e1.jpg

Last edited:
Hope to make it but have also signed up for the pre-game alumni party at the Q and don’t think they have announced details like a start time yet for that event.

I live in Carmel Valley/Del Mar area and am open to meet up with board members prior to game day for an informal get-together. I suggest some of the places I posted with Evanston/Chicago connections like The Spot in downtown La Jolla or Milton’s Deli across from the Del Mar race track. Go Cats!

Hope to make it but have also signed up for the pre-game alumni party at the Q and don’t think they have announced details like a start time yet for that event.

I live in Carmel Valley/Del Mar area and am open to meet up with board members prior to game day for an informal get-together. I suggest some of the places I posted with Evanston/Chicago connections like The Spot in downtown La Jolla or Milton’s Deli across from the Del Mar race track. Go Cats!

Where is the link for pregame alum party??

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea - I will try to make it. Thanks for organizing!

Would LOVE to meet you characters. My travel in will be tight, but will be with Catsdad at game time.

If there any apres-match events, I’m in. Otherwise I will wake up the next day at the Holiday Inn X in old town, or some god forsaken bordello in Tijuana.

Would LOVE to meet you characters. My travel in will be tight, but will be with Catsdad at game time.

If there any apres-match events, I’m in. Otherwise I will wake up the next day at the Holiday Inn X in old town, or some god forsaken bordello in Tijuana.
You won’t make the trip back into US with all those angry caravan people at the border.
I’m so full of negative energy, I know..

There really has not been any demand for this event. I will still be at The Princess Pub when it opens at 11 AM. It will be convenient if you decide to go to the parade, easy Trolley access to the game afterwards.

If you are still planning to attend, please respond

There really has not been any demand for this event. I will still be at The Princess Pub when it opens at 11 AM. It will be convenient if you decide to go to the parade, easy Trolley access to the game afterwards.

If you are still planning to attend, please respond

If I may make a suggestion. Start a brand new post without all of the follow up posts that there are in this thread.Title it whatever you wish so that it is clear that it is a bowl game gathering. Then put all of the relevant information in the post, location, time etc., Sort of like an official announcement, as opposed to this one which sounds a bit more like inquiring about interest.Don’t ask them if they are interested. Tell them when and where to to show up. What’s the expression, something like build it and they will come. Have a drink for me. I will then pin it to the top.More people will see it that way and it will not get buried. Have fun

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT