ADVERTISEMENT

Hot seat

IGNORE

Jan 15, 2019
Not sure if it’s time. I will say this, if the AD doesn’t force McCall and the offense coaches, this team will have few fans for awhile.

Time to test gcg theory that PF quits if forced to fire his friends. I’ll bet gcg is wrong. Again.

Not sure if it’s time. I will say this, if the AD doesn’t force McCall and the offense coaches, this team will have few fans for awhile.

Time to test gcg theory that PF quits if forced to fire his friends. I’ll bet gcg is wrong. Again.

Post game press conference should be entertaining. Hope Lou ate his Wheaties this morning.

Reactions: drewjin
Their offense looks much more dynamic than ours, and this is against our D which is at least an above average power 5 D.

No head coach with any self-respect would allow an AD to tell him he has to fire a particular assistant. You don't want a head coach who would stand for that.

There should be no reason that either Springer or McCall should have a job. They are culpable for the s*** show called our offense. Fitz should be fired if he doesn’t fire them.

There should be no reason that either Springer or McCall should have a job. They are culpable for the s*** show called our offense. Fitz should be fired if he doesn’t fire them.

If an AD places that demand on a head coach ("...or else) than a coach with any self-respect and integrity would move on. If you're coaching in that situation, it tells you everything you need to know about where you yourself stand and it bodes terrily for the future. If the head coach can't succeed without being told whom to hire and fire, you fire the head coach rather than shifting deck chairs on the Titanic.

If an AD places that demand on a head coach ("...or else) than a coach with any self-respect and integrity would move on. If you're coaching in that situation, it tells you everything you need to know about where you yourself stand and it bodes terrily for the future. If the head coach can't succeed without being told whom to hire and fire, you fire the head coach rather than shifting deck chairs on the Titanic.

AD’s & Univ President’s dictate what HC’s must do very often. It’s no longer just a sport, but also a business. High roller donors also dictate what needs to occur at times too.

Reactions: willycat and IGNORE
AD’s & Univ President’s dictate what HC’s must do very often. It’s no longer just a sport, but also a business. High roller donors also dictate what needs to occur at times too.

Oh, you don't need to convince me that there are a lot of failed programs, like this one, that adhere to such a model of weakness and micromanagement from above. You'll notice that the good coaches more or less demand autonomy on such things and get it.

Oh, you don't need to convince me that there are a lot of failed programs, like this one, that adhere to such a model of weakness and micromanagement from above. You'll notice that the good coaches more or less demand autonomy on such things and get it.

Ok, sold. Let’s get a good coach then and dump this failed program.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Guess you haven't noticed but Phillips is Fitz's boss and Shapiro is over both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT