ADVERTISEMENT

How are you getting tickets to Indy?

villox

Aug 19, 2008
Are you going to get tickets through the school? On the secondary market? What's best?

This is what NU Sports says:

Northwestern will have seats in the following sections at Lucas Oil Stadium:

Sections 111-115, 211-215 - $190/each
Sections 101-102, 108-110, 208-210, 307-310, 401-403, 407-410, 453 - $85/each
Student Sections: 103-105, 204-206, 304-306, 404-406 - $45/each

Tickets will go on sale as soon as possible, and seat locations will be assigned by Purple Points within Wildcat Fund Levels. You must buy through Northwestern to ensure you sit in the block adjacent to the Northwestern band and team. This page will be updated with more information as soon as it becomes available.

That's a pretty wide spread in price between the most expensive and the next level. There are very few secondary tickets available right now.

Are you going to get tickets through the school? On the secondary market? What's best?

Tickets will go on sale as soon as possible, and seat locations will be assigned by Purple Points within Wildcat Fund Levels. You must buy through Northwestern to ensure you sit in the block adjacent to the Northwestern band and team. This page will be updated with more information as soon as it becomes available.

That's a pretty wide spread in price between the most expensive and the next level. There are very few secondarckets available right now.
I think that I will buy through NU if I can. I am a season ticket holder, but not a lot of purple points.

So availability for NU's allotment will be prioritized for season ticket holders? That seems fair. But the implication is that fans outside of that club who plan to attend the game will need to go through the secondary market if they want good tickets. So I guess that'll be my path.

That's a pretty wide spread in price between the most expensive and the next level. There are very few secondary tickets available right now.
Definitely will buy thru NU. Game is much more enjoyable being surrounded by Wildcat fans.

NU just sent out the details to season ticket holders. Just placed my order. Here is what the site says, for those who aren't season ticket holders:

Big Ten Championship Game requests are processed according to the Wildcat Fund Giving Levels & Purple Points. Placement of an order does not guarantee tickets. Northwestern University (NU) unconditionally reserves the right to reduce orders, or apply refunds in the event of over subscription. Therefore, NU is not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirmation of the number of game tickets that you will receive. All patrons will be notified on November 15, 2018 if they will not be receiving all requested tickets.
A maximum of 4 tickets may be requested.

Please be sure to log into your account when purchasing tickets to take advantage of your Purple Points. Orders must be placed by 10:00am on November 14, 2018 to receive priority. Orders received after this deadline will not receive priority.

All sales are final. NU assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or destroyed tickets, or for tickets mailed from locations other than the NU Ticket Office. All tickets will be sent electronically via Print at Home. Please verify that your email address is correct.

Season ticket holders are prohibited from reselling Championship Game tickets for profit. Failure to comply can result in the loss of ticket purchase privileges for current and future Northwestern events. In the event that the selected price level is not available, tickets will be allocated to the next best available price level and patrons will be refunded the price difference.

Placement of an order does not guarantee tickets? Is that normal?

Placement of an order does not guarantee tickets? Is that normal?

I mean sure. If every season ticket holder can order 4 then there’s a chance demand would outstrip supply. Don’t expect it, but they’d have to say that.

How about hotels? Will there be anything through the alumni association? A quick check revealed slim pickings.

I'm very perplexed by the lack of a robust secondary market at the moment. I'm being serious when I say that I expected a fire sale on tickets once we clinched the division on Saturday...is it that Michigan and Ohio State fans have cornered the market and are waiting until their game to sell?

I mean sure. If every season ticket holder can order 4 then there’s a chance demand would outstrip supply. Don’t expect it, but they’d have to say that.

I spoke to my rep today and was told that virtually every order has been for 4 tickets, that they won't be surprised if the entire allotment sells out in the season ticket holder presale period, and that there's already a long waiting list of NU fans who don't have season tickets. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it's food for thought.

I spoke to my rep today and was told that virtually every order has been for 4 tickets, that they won't be surprised if the entire allotment sells out in the season ticket holder presale period, and that there's already a long waiting list of NU fans who don't have season tickets. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it's food for thought.
My ticket rep implied the same. I only got 2.

An e-mail just came out to Wildcat Fund donors (non-STHs) with the same 10 a.m. Wednesday deadline for pre-orders, so they're expanding the pool of potential purchasers.

My tailgate group ordered 4 sets of four from NU. We have rooms reserved outside of downtown, but I’m hoping that the OSU fans will be canceling their reservations after they get drubbed by the Harbags

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Season ticket holder, I requested 2 tickets, but me and a buddy are also sitting on 2 tickets we got at the beginning of the season. I have to figure out if any of our other friends wanna come with, if not wed be willing to sell them for what we got them for to some cats fans.

Reactions: BFDCat and Bwm57

As a non-season ticket holder who is planning to go with a group of 5 or 6, what should I do?

It’s great that there’s so much demand but it is making me nervous.

How many tickets are in our allotment? I requested 4 and hope I get them!

As a non-season ticket holder who is planning to go with a group of 5 or 6, what should I do?

It’s great that there’s so much demand but it is making me nervous.

I'd call the NU ticket office first and ask what'll happen to unsold allotment tickets and how you might go about getting those. Otherwise, there are still a few face value tickets available on Ticketmaster in the upper corners, and then there's StubHub etc.

There will probably be a ticket dump on the secondary market after the OSU/Michigan game is over, so be ready on that Saturday/Sunday. I would expect tickets to be significantly easier to acquire if OSU is our opponent, as it'll be their fourth appearance in the game and they need help to make the playoff. Michigan, on the other hand, is likely going to swarm the place.

I’m starting to work other avenues. Not going to fly in from LA just to work scalper options in the nose bleeds of the n-zone.

Have any of you confirmed whether the tickets areare be allocated just by Priority Points? Or is it tiers first and then points within the tiers? I've seen it listed both ways.

Have any of you confirmed whether the tickets areare be allocated just by Priority Points? Or is it tiers first and then points within the tiers? I've seen it listed both ways.

Hmm, according to the Wildcat Fund site it would be first tiers, then points, because on the minimum $100 page it states:

"Eligible to purchase priority football away game and bowl game tickets**"

**Order determined by Purple Points within giving level.

If that's the case then I'm less confident in my ability to get tickets, because I have a lot of points but didn't donate a lot this year since I didn't care about parking.

An e-mail just came out to Wildcat Fund donors (non-STHs) with the same 10 a.m. Wednesday deadline for pre-orders, so they're expanding the pool of potential purchasers.

Do you think that would mean that the STH’s orders left enough room to allow space for that?

Do you think that means that the STH’s orders left enough room to allow space for that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT