ADVERTISEMENT

The 10k allotment does ***NOT*** include the 3,600 student tickets

gmacTIDE

Nov 8, 2005
NU sections: 111-115, 211-215, 101-102, 108-110, 208-210, 307-310, 401-403, 407-410, 453

Go to the ticketmaster interactive chart. Do five minutes of math. The total number is appx 10,500 seats

Student sections are 103-105, 204-206, 304-306, 404-406. This is DIFFERENT from the above allotment.

Are we good now?

NU sections: 111-115, 211-215, 101-102, 108-110, 208-210, 307-310, 401-403, 407-410, 453

Go to the ticketmaster interactive chart. Do five minutes of math. The total number is appx 10,500 seats

Student sections are 103-105, 204-206, 304-306, 404-406. This is DIFFERENT from the above allotment.

Are we good now?

NEVAR!!! MOAR!!!

Wonder why someone used a ghost account from 2005 to post perfectly useful information, lol.

It's amazing, even after previously-published and defined sections and clear, available math, some of you flat earthers are still debating this.

The conference sets the student sections. The conference sets the general allotment per participating school.

Reactions: BobbCat14 and Turk
Going to make my pitch here again for any folks still searching for tickets to consider Sections 451 and 452. I have a group in 451, and given that NU has 4 of the 7 sections in that endzone (401-403, 453), it would be great to make it largely purple. On average it’s just $20 more per ticket than the nosebleeds.

Going to make my pitch here again for any folks still searching for tickets to consider Sections 451 and 452. I have a group in 451, and given that NU has 4 of the 7 sections in that endzone (401-403, 453), it would be great to make it largely purple. On average it’s just $20 more per ticket than the nosebleeds.
At this point, our fans need to just be going and buying tickets elsewhere. The NU allotment is gone regardless of how it happened; we're just beating a dead horse.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
It's amazing, even after previously-published and defined sections and clear, available math, some of you flat earthers are still debating this.

The conference sets the student sections. The conference sets the general allotment per participating school.

You had me at "flat earthers". Welcome to the board.

The promise of a giant student section convinced me to buy my own tickets. It will be a really cool environment, as our major offsite events so often are.

It’s somebody in athletics
Yes, that's why I said it's a burner account.

Which is fine, we all know the AD has social media people, and they monitor this (and other) NU related forums.

Given there's a large number of NU fans/alums that use this site regularly, I'm not surprised.

Yes, that's why I said it's a burner account.

Which is fine, we all know the AD has social media people, and they monitor this (and other) NU related forums.

Given there's a large number of NU fans/alums that use this site regularly, I'm not surprised.

And when a large number of that large number is annoyed or upset about something, rightly or wrongly, it's a good idea to respond in some way.

I emailed my rep and got a non-answer, which was basically that they hope to have more info by Tuesday. I don't blame her at all, because it's clear they haven't really even given their own internal people the info either. Tough week to be the footsoldiers at the NU ticket office. I'm sure the phones are ringing off the hook.

Are we good now?
The indication from my ticket agent suggested it did. Said only 6K tickets were able to be sold

And when a large number of that large number is annoyed or upset about something, rightly or wrongly, it's a good idea to respond in some way.

I emailed my rep and got a non-answer, which was basically that they hope to have more info by Tuesday. I don't blame her at all, because it's clear they haven't really even given their own internal people the info either. Tough week to be the footsoldiers at the NU ticket office. I'm sure the phones are ringing off the hook.
I hope they know how to handle it if we do win the title...; because it's not 1995 anymore. Last time we got to the Rose Bowl, we barely had any season ticket base.

They'd better be able to handle allotments for those tickets.

Of course, it's a good problem to have, but we should be better able to handle these things from a technical standpoint.

The last thing we need is another rushed ticket site to try to sell Rose Bowl tickets...; have this stuff planned in advance.

Last edited:

Are we good now?
Assuming we win the Championship, PLEASE go by priority points which assures long time season ticket holders can fill their orders prior to giving parity to first year season ticket holders. As you know, the season ticket holder counts spiked this year due to Notre Dame and Michigan fans purchasing tickets.

Because you guys chose a 'parity' structure that grants first year STH the same rights to 2 tickets as multi year STH, we may now be sitting with many Maize and Blue in our allotted sections. And if Michigan doesn't beat OSU then I'm sure there will be scarlet and gray in our sections.

I get NU Loyal and other donation request in the mail every month, and it says that some benefits of our donations are a place in line for post season events. Well, when our place in line limited many of us to only 2 tickets so first year peeps could also attend, it lessoned the value of donating.

Talked to my rep today. He said the same thing.

They’re trying to take some heat off themselves. They’re probably right but what’s the point in deflecting blame to Ryan, Walter or whoever did the kids a solid? We have to remember the team supposedly represents the school and who else is more about the school than it’s student body?

Oh and what if the Dept was secretly giving 3000 tickets to brokers? We wouldn’t know.

They’re trying to take some heat off themselves. They’re probably right but what’s the point in deflecting blame to Ryan, Walter or whoever did the kids a solid? We have to remember the team supposedly represents the school and who else is more about the school than it’s student body?

Oh and what if the Dept was secretly giving 3000 tickets to brokers? We wouldn’t know.
You will know the answer to your last question soon enough. If large 12-20 blocks of tickets start popping up on SH in our allotted sections then you will get your answer. I understand that and all teams, ie. College and Pro, do that, my only complaint is don't keep sending me NU giving envelops monthly telling me that one of the benefits is priority in line for tickets, when in fact a one year STH may get the same amount of tickets as me through a new 'parity' system rationing tickets by 2. All I wanted was 3 tickets. I still may get the third, as the process isn't complete, but if I don't then I do think it was a bit misleading by telling us over the years that our points actually meant something. Won't mean squat if a one year season ticket holder who is a Michigan fan who doesn't give a fart in the wind about NU gets the same amount of tickets as someone in the middle of "Tier 1"

That said, what is done is done but there is a very real chance that we may go to the Rose Bowl and so my hope is that they give more weight to those who have established loyalty and support for the program as opposed to one year season ticket holders from a zip code in Michigan who will simply sell his Rose bowl tickets for profit.

Talked to my rep today. He said the same thing.
That doesn't really add up though, so I think gmactide is correct. I went to the best seatmap on the net (Seatgeek) and did a brief total of seats (Willycat would be proud of me) in the sections noted and it certainly is around 14,000 and I don't think the students are a part of that.

But what is odd is that we apparently sold out 12,000 tickets + 3,500 student tickets in 48 hours. Have we ever done that so quickly? That's a huge block of tickets for us to sell in just 48 hours. That's great if all the tickets actually were sold and not blocked off for the secondary partners.

That doesn't really add up though, so I think gmactide is correct. I went to the best seatmap on the net (Seatgeek) and did a brief total of seats (Willycat would be proud of me) in the sections noted and it certainly is around 14,000 and I don't think the students are a part of that.

But what is odd is that we apparently sold out 12,000 tickets + 3,500 student tickets in 48 hours. Have we ever done that so quickly? That's a huge block of tickets for us to sell in just 48 hours. That's great if all the tickets actually were sold and not blocked off for the secondary partners.

Go to
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/big-ten-football-championship-game/event/050054B19FC13963

click on a section with tickets available. It will pull up every seat in the stadium. Hover your mouse on the last row and seat in a given section. If the section is uniform and it comes up as say row 25, seat 20. There's 500 seats in that section. Repeat.

NOT a current or former athletics employee. Read the boards. Don't post.

Reactions: DaCat
I was at a sports bar the other night and some Michigan fans heard me talking about Indy.

They said what’s with NU Fans buying up all the tickets? I laughed and had to shake my head. I said you guys need to worry more about your final two games first and foremost.

They’re worried about little NU buying tickets? Lol

I was at a sports bar the other night and some Michigan fans heard me talking about Indy.

They said what’s with NU Fans buying up all the tickets? I laughed and had to shake my head. I said you guys need to worry more about your final two games first and foremost.

They’re worried about little NU buying tickets? Lol
Is it even possible that NU can buy up more than half of the tickets before we know who were are playing? It is a great strategy if it is even possible.

Is it even possible that NU can buy up more than half of the tickets before we know who were are playing? It is a great strategy if it is even possible.
Michigan gets the same 10k allotment as us.

If our fans want to buy up the available seats, they can. There are probably plenty of Michigan/Ohio State fans that are holding and would sell when the loser emerges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT