ADVERTISEMENT

How are you getting tickets to Indy?

As far as tickets. Remember, this is a big ten event. Which means that the usual bowl committees/sponsors etc don't have control of the best seats.
Each team that is playing will be given x amount of tickets on its side. My guess is that NU probably has access to 20,000 seats immediately behind its bench. OSU or Michigan would be similar.

But from what I understand, each school is responsible for x amount of dollars, meaning that NU probably is responsible for paying $50 per seat (Dunno maybe more) and then sets its OWN pricing level. NU chose a modest $190. If OSU goes, OSU may very well choose a price to sell that is far north of $190.

Anyone saying that Iowa fans are selling their tickets is fake news. Iowa and other BIG schools were NOT give allotments. In fact, only NU has its allotment at this time.

Supply and demand. If OSU goes, then I can't imagine there being much demand since only the diehard OSU fans will be going. In this case, the secondary market will be a good place to visit for those who chose to stand down and wait. Wait until the day of the game, if that's the case.

However, if Michigan goes, the demand will be very high. Remember, for many Michigan fans, this is becoming a 'once in a lifetime" where Michigan will actually be in the payoffs for the fist time. Thus, this game will mean ALOT, especially if it beats OSU. Michigan fans will be pumped to make the drive.

If that's the case, then the secondary markets will be higher than the actual cost of the tickets. In that case, you may want to stay home.

I recommend that you go through NU. The purple points were cut off an hour ago, however, NU will make all remaining tickets available and my guess is that it didn't sell out its allotment.

I signed up to be notified for tickets - not a STH, no points at all - there is still nothing on the NU Football website and I have not received any information at all - If there are tickets available I sure would love to buy TWO!!

I signed up to be notified for tickets - not a STH, no points at all - there is still nothing on the NU Football website and I have not received any information at all - If there are tickets available I sure would love to buy TWO!!

I'm in the same boat. No info from NU. I'm looking for 4, but not at $180 per. Hope some are "set free".

I'm in the same boat. No info from NU. I'm looking for 4, but not at $180 per. Hope some are "set free".

Include me as well in that boat, kreggk. Trying to buy a few more after the STH limit.

Oh and GCG, buy two for me and I’ll tell you my old screen name lol

Anyone who pre-ordered get an email yet? Supposed to be confirmed today, right? I keep checking my inbox incessantly

I just spoke with the ticket office and if you did the season ticket holder pre-order you should have receved a confirmation email almost immediately after your order confirming the order.
I was told that additional details such as seat information will be forthcoming in a few days.
They said they had such an overwhelming response that they were still working on the details.

As a non-season ticket holder, my current plan is to wait and hope that NU has some tickets left over in its allotment for me.

If not — or if I don’t hear from them before the Michigan-OSU game — I’m going to the secondary market and getting the best available.

My big concern is that if/when Michigan wins the East, there will be a tremendous demand that severely cuts supply.

As a non-season ticket holder, my current plan is to wait and hope that NU has some tickets left over in its allotment for me.

If not — or if I don’t hear from them before the Michigan-OSU game — I’m going to the secondary market and getting the best available.

My big concern is that if/when Michigan wins the East, there will be a tremendous demand that severely cuts supply.
They will have some prime seats left. I think they will be able to accommodate others for sure. The Big ten gave them a wad of tickets. Normally, I think they sell about 15,000. My guess is that they should have a few thousand seats but will sellout since this is a big game for us and another 'first'. Thanks to Pat Fitzgerald.

Anyone who pre-ordered get an email yet? Supposed to be confirmed today, right? I keep checking my inbox incessantly

I went back and looked at what they said, and what they said was if you they COULDN'T fulfill your order they would notify you today. Of course, I'd really prefer a positive confirmation instead of the absence of a denial.

THIS JUST IN FROM NU TICKET OFFICE:

Thank you so much for your interest in Northwestern Football and attending the 2018 Big Ten Football Championship Game. Enthusiasm for this opportunity has been remarkable across the Northwestern community.

We're excited to announce that everyone who requested 1-2 tickets will receive their full request. Those requesting 3-4 tickets will receive a minimum of two, and a limited number of requests for more than two will be accommodated based on Purple Points.

More specific details will be communicated shortly.

THIS JUST IN FROM NU TICKET OFFICE:

Thank you so much for your interest in Northwestern Football and attending the 2018 Big Ten Football Championship Game. Enthusiasm for this opportunity has been remarkable across the Northwestern community.

We're excited to announce that everyone who requested 1-2 tickets will receive their full request. Those requesting 3-4 tickets will receive a minimum of two, and a limited number of requests for more than two will be accommodated based on Purple Points.

More specific details will be communicated shortly.
Yep, just got that. I’m sure I’ll only get 2 tickets. Do you guys think i should get 2 extra on secondary market now or wait? We’ve got a party of 4

Yep, just got that. I’m sure I’ll only get 2 tickets. Do you guys think i should get 2 extra on secondary market now or wait? We’ve got a party of 4
I was told to wait until next Monday and call back when I talked with the ticket office.

Just received the below from the NU Ticket Office. Unless you're a current season's ticket holder or student, you're on your own.

Plan #B it is.

We're sorry to report that after filling the requests of our students and season ticket holders, our ticket allotment from the Conference has been exhausted.

Fans still hoping to purchase tickets are encouraged to visit Ticketmaster, where a limited number of seats remain available.

We sincerely appreciate your commitment to the 'Cats and hope to see you at Ryan Field later this month for the regular-season finale against Illinois, and next season when Northwestern will host Ohio State, Iowa and Michigan State during its seven-game home slate.

If you have any ticketing questions or need additional information, please call 888-GO-PURPLE or visit NUSports.com.

Wildcat Ticket Office
Northwestern Athletics
1501 Central Street
Evanston IL 60208

cat-tix@northwestern.edu

As far as tickets. Remember, this is a big ten event. Which means that the usual bowl committees/sponsors etc don't have control of the best seats.
Each team that is playing will be given x amount of tickets on its side. My guess is that NU probably has access to 20,000 seats immediately behind its bench. OSU or Michigan would be similar.

But from what I understand, each school is responsible for x amount of dollars, meaning that NU probably is responsible for paying $50 per seat (Dunno maybe more) and then sets its OWN pricing level. NU chose a modest $190. If OSU goes, OSU may very well choose a price to sell that is far north of $190.

Anyone saying that Iowa fans are selling their tickets is fake news. Iowa and other BIG schools were NOT give allotments. In fact, only NU has its allotment at this time.

Supply and demand. If OSU goes, then I can't imagine there being much demand since only the diehard OSU fans will be going. In this case, the secondary market will be a good place to visit for those who chose to stand down and wait. Wait until the day of the game, if that's the case.

However, if Michigan goes, the demand will be very high. Remember, for many Michigan fans, this is becoming a 'once in a lifetime" where Michigan will actually be in the payoffs for the fist time. Thus, this game will mean ALOT, especially if it beats OSU. Michigan fans will be pumped to make the drive.

If that's the case, then the secondary markets will be higher than the actual cost of the tickets. In that case, you may want to stay home.

I recommend that you go through NU. The purple points were cut off an hour ago, however, NU will make all remaining tickets available and my guess is that it didn't sell out its allotment.
NU only got 10K tickets and about 4k went to students on their give away so only 6K tickets with limit of two per ST holder and they are gone. Deadline was Weds and problems getting on to site. and sounds like they were basically in the corners etc.

They will have some prime seats left. I think they will be able to accommodate others for sure. The Big ten gave them a wad of tickets. Normally, I think they sell about 15,000. My guess is that they should have a few thousand seats but will sellout since this is a big game for us and another 'first'. Thanks to Pat Fitzgerald.
They only got 10K and gave away a bunch to students so only had about 6k to sell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT