ADVERTISEMENT

HU @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Although the Cats lost by 28 last week, there were additional signs of hope as they stayed with Penn State for the first half and the defense was effective until eventually getting worn down by the Lions. There is a path to bowl eligibility given the state of the rest of the B1G West.

That path is very unlikely without a win this week against the Howard University Bison, however. The Bison are an FCS team that was competitive with Eastern Michigan. And the Cats have lost FCS games in recent years, so this is a should-win game, but not a guaranteed win.

HU 17
NU 31

Last edited:
That path is very unlikely without a win this week against the Howard University Bisons, however. The Bisons are an FCS team that was competitive with Eastern Michigan. And the Cats have lost FCS games in recent years, so this is a should-win game, but not a guaranteed win.
And I assume that Bryant will not be playing? The 'Cats should win, but they'd better eat their Wheaties just in case.

I am assuming Braun will have the team up for this game (in contrast to how flat they have been in recent FCS games), and so I am predicting a "safe" win:

NU 31
HU 14

Reactions: rmndcat
The Howard quarterback had two interceptions and a fumble. Perfect, I believe, against NU. I really think if we had blitzed every play like Howard did against us, they would have been destroyed. But we didn't and we will never know. I had the feeling the entire game we sat back versus attacking.

Humility: the week after our Howard game: Harvard 48. Howard 7.
Harvard is undefeated so far and has a really good team this year. Northwestern likely would battle for the Ivy League title, but it is no sure thing that they would finish at the top of the standings.

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT