ADVERTISEMENT

Hunger

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Is not good.

Aron Molnar was better. Dan Kreft was better. He’s maybe better than the Hebrew Mamba or Chier Ajou.

Boy we miss Nicholson.

• Haha
Reactions: eddie_gocats
Today nobody's good that's the worst shooting I've ever seen from any team six out of 30 are you kidding me

They are leaving Hunger wide open and packing the lane to prevent Boo from driving. If he could have made a couple of those threes.....oh well. I thought he was a decent three point shooter in high school.

They are leaving Hunger wide open and packing the lane to prevent Boo from driving. If he could have made a couple of those threes.....oh well. I thought he was a decent three point shooter in high school.
He’s going to need to keep shooting them in the 2H for this reason alone… just needs 1 to go down 🤞

Reactions: drewjin
He’s going to need to keep shooting them in the 2H for this reason alone… just needs 1 to go down 🤞
If FAU overreacts to him making one, they’re idiots. He’s a low 20s percent 2 point shooter, they should let him have as many as he wants

Reactions: No Chores
Hunger and Mart need to spend the summer working on the three. For hunger, pick three spots - maybe 11, 12 & 1 and just focus on wide open looks.

Is not good.

Aron Molnar was better. Dan Kreft was better. He’s maybe better than the Hebrew Mamba or Chier Ajou.

Boy we miss Nicholson.
This is where I pile on.

Hunger is pretty much a redshirt freshman out there, so there's gonna be learning on the job. He got 8 points and 8 rebounds, 4 assists and only 1 TO against a 4th year player in a win or go home game. Just wait until he's a senior - it's games like this where he grew to become a legit contributor to this team.

This is where I pile on.

Hunger is pretty much a redshirt freshman out there, so there's gonna be learning on the job. He got 8 points and 8 rebounds, 4 assists and only 1 TO against a 4th year player in a win or go home game. Just wait until he's a senior - it's games like this where he grew to become a legit contributor to this team.
Only committed 3 PF against a decent offensive big. Gave them 29 quality minutes. I agree with you, for a guy learning on the job, he was pretty good.

This is where I pile on.

I didn’t say he couldn’t improve. And I hope he does. He wasn’t good today. 1-8, missed bunnies, dumb 3 pt foul, a couple bad passes. Couldn’t hit the 3 and then just simply stopped shooting (which was probably a good thing).

Objectively, nothing I said was incorrect. He is young still and can improve. I’m not giving up on him. And yes Nicholson was nearly as bad once too so there is hope.

He was trash today. Mart had a really bad game too offensively. Too many miscues and missed shots at the rim. The beauty of the tournament is that when you win, you get a fresh start. And we won!

I didn’t say he couldn’t improve. And I hope he does. He wasn’t good today. 1-8, missed bunnies, dumb 3 pt foul, a couple bad passes. Couldn’t hit the 3 and then just simply stopped shooting (which was probably a good thing).

Objectively, nothing I said was incorrect. He is young still and can improve. I’m not giving up on him. And yes Nicholson was nearly as bad once too so there is hope.
Shooting close and far has a ways to go. But the guy defended well most of the game and set decent screens. Molnar and Kreft? Come on, lol.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
He was trash today. Mart had a really bad game too offensively. Too many miscues and missed shots at the rim. The beauty of the tournament is that when you win, you get a fresh start. And we won!
We needed two of the secondary three (Langborg, Barnhizer and Martinelli) to do well. Barnhizer kept us in the first half and he had his double double. It looked like we really did not have the help. But then Langborg caught fire in second half and we had what we needed. Martinelli made some descent plays but offensively this was not his day. At least we had the two we needed (plus help from Smith, Hunger and even Preston) It was a team win

Hunger had a good game. He is one tough hambre. He is destined for faim

(Multi lingual Dad jokes)
Early on we were dying from Hunger, but he ended up having a decent game.

Not sure whats worse...
comparing Hunger to Kreft
or
my all-time favorite
equating Nicholson with Chier Ajou.

Hunger walked up to the Russian as FAU was bringing the ball up and intentionally bumped into him, chest to chest.
The Russian didn't like it.
I did.

Not sure whats worse...
or
my all-time favorite

Hunger walked up to the Russian as FAU was bringing the ball up and intentionally bumped into him, chest to chest.
I did.
Yeah, he had some moments like WR Hero Sanjay Lumpkin out there. Just played tough.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Not sure whats worse...
or
my all-time favorite

I did.
Pretty sure I saw Hunger mouth “I must break you” with the bump.

Is Hunger worse than Kyle Rowley (the basketball Wildcat?)

Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw Hunger mouth “I must break you” with the bump.

Is Hunger worse than Kyle Rowley (the basketball Wildcat?)
I'm pretty sure Rowley would displace more water if each jumped into a pool.
Otherwise, I'll take Hunger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT