ADVERTISEMENT

I’m back w thoughts

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
So, two weeks in Egypt, the Red Sea, the Nile, spending time with the dead kings and on top of camels and I have returned refreshed. I read about our poor win at Rutgers. Read about our win against Neb. And got to watch a very dominating win vs Wis yesterday. Damn these PF teams are frustrating. If they only took care of business, we could be a 0 or 1 loss team and nationally relevant.

Yesterday, I thought the OL was okay. Not great, as indicated by the various fourth and inches that went nowhere and the lack of Mack truck sized holes for Bowser. But Clayton and his legs are back. Wowser! I wish he would stop staring down his receiver. But like a great pitcher than can tell you what’s coming and still beat you,CT was pretty darn impressive. A few picks, but not all were on him. That one early Nagel drop was a bummer.

Skow is really coming of age. Kinda like Gronk - big, slow footed, but goes up and comes down with it. We seem to have a nice set of WRs, but they just don’t get much separation. I think it is route running, selling the break, strong cuts, etc. You can probably tell that I’m not ready to give Springer nor Cushing a pass. One good game in the season is only good enough for PF. But I doubt we will see a change...again....

The D was darn impressive. Holy Hartage. Why did they even keep going that direction. Brown was a beast. Is it me, or does Gaz look big enough to slide inside next to Samdup and let Goins and Brown man the ends? I think they play strong enough for enough of the game to challenge just about anyone.

As for ST, the lack of kicker is now hurting the kickoff and the scoreboard. Time to rifle through the soccer team. Meanwhile, maybe we recruit one or two? It seems that we give leftover schollies each year to senior walkons, which is sweet and feels good, but how about throw those extras towards some special team upgrades?

For those that bothered to read this and got this far, I make another offer:

Looks like FEW and I are headed to Iowa. Day trip in the Bonnie. Depending on Lara’s interest, I will have one or two seats open. We are still waiting for game time announcements and I plan to return that night, unless they want to book rooms and leave in the morning. So, if you are ready to fly Knucklehead Airlines right to the game, hit me up.

So, two weeks in Egypt, the Red Sea, the Nile, spending time with the dead kings and on top of camels and I have returned refreshed. I read about our poor win at Rutgers. Read about our win against Neb. And got to watch a very dominating win vs Wis yesterday. Damn these PF teams are frustrating. If they only took care of business, we could be a 0 or 1 loss team and nationally relevant.

Yesterday, I thought the OL was okay. Not great, as indicated by the various fourth and inches that went nowhere and the lack of Mack truck sized holes for Bowser. But Clayton and his legs are back. Wowser! I wish he would stop staring down his receiver. But like a great pitcher than can tell you what’s coming and still beat you,CT was pretty darn impressive. A few picks, but not all were on him. That one early Nagel drop was a bummer.

Skow is really coming of age. Kinda like Gronk - big, slow footed, but goes up and comes down with it. We seem to have a nice set of WRs, but they just don’t get much separation. I think it is route running, selling the break, strong cuts, etc. You can probably tell that I’m not ready to give Springer nor Cushing a pass. One good game in the season is only good enough for PF. But I doubt we will see a change...again....

The D was darn impressive. Holy Hartage. Why did they even keep going that direction. Brown was a beast. Is it me, or does Gaz look big enough to slide inside next to Samdup and let Goins and Brown man the ends? I think they play strong enough for enough of the game to challenge just about anyone.

As for ST, the lack of kicker is now hurting the kickoff and the scoreboard. Time to rifle through the soccer team. Meanwhile, maybe we recruit one or two? It seems that we give leftover schollies each year to senior walkons, which is sweet and feels good, but how about throw those extras towards some special team upgrades?

Looks like FEW and I are headed to Iowa. Day trip in the Bonnie. Depending on Lara’s interest, I will have one or two seats open. We are still waiting for game time announcements and I plan to return that night, unless they want to book rooms and leave in the morning. So, if you are ready to fly Knucklehead Airlines right to the game, hit me up.
Wish you were flying out of Midway, UT

Solid thoughts, with the caveat that the guy who was kicking kickoffs and FGs got hurt during warmups-- not much you can do about that.

Solid thoughts, with the caveat that the guy who was kicking kickoffs and FGs got hurt during warmups-- not much you can do about that.

I’m thinking about the rest of the games. Plus, should have had an inactive soccer player in the wings to step in. Kubs is either hurting, ineffective or both. So, K number three should have been planned for. In this case, a pregame injury would have allowed to activate that number three.

I’m thinking about the rest of the games. Plus, should have had an inactive soccer player in the wings to step in. Kubs is either hurting, ineffective or both. So, K number three should have been planned for. In this case, a pregame injury would have allowed to activate that number three.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. Kubander kicked his extra points and FG just fine considering he didn't know he was starting, and having a third string guy for kickoffs instead of just having your punter kickoff as we did is fairly low on the coaching priority list to me.

Kicking a football is incredibly different then a soccer ball. They're so weird to punt as well. I struggle with consistency on my field goals and punts. My roommate who played football in high school as a Defense end is a better punter than me just because he's used to the football. (Side note he actually lined up against doles in game) I used to play soccer but a football is so different.

What is with the training regiment for kicker/punters? Recall that Niswander was also hurt for much of his NU career and now two kickers. Is Fitz having them compete with linebackers on the squat machine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT