ADVERTISEMENT

I am Surprised We Didn't Recruit This Kid

corbi296

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2005
With his academic profile you would think he would have been on our recruiting radar but I don't remember his name ever coming up. It will be interesting to follow his career at Michigan.

One that Got Away?

Originally posted by corbi296:
With his academic profile you would think he would have been on our recruiting radar but I don't remember his name ever coming up. It will be interesting to follow his career at Michigan.
He initially committed to USF in January 2014, then flipped to Iowa in October 2014, then to Michigan in February 2015. Being committed elsewhere that early likely took him off of our radar.

I would hope the staff continues to recruit every kid they like. Even with Fitz's asinine policy about visits after verbals, recruiting other school's catches would help level the playing field. We have seen our guys get targeting, we should be doing the same.

Fitz is a bit strict with those sorta things but i cant fault his recruiting. He focuses on the trusted relationships and it has paid off in our recruiting. He flips kids only when he has to. That higdon kid flipped like a pancake.

Originally posted by xyzbobxyz:
I would hope the staff continues to recruit every kid they like. Even with Fitz's asinine policy about visits after verbals, recruiting other school's catches would help level the playing field. We have seen our guys get targeting, we should be doing the same.
It's a cost/benefit question. It makes very little sense to dedicate limited recruiting time and resources to recruit players committed elsewhere (who are far less likely to commit) than it does to players who are not committed elsewhere (who are far more likely to commit).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT