ADVERTISEMENT

I changed my shirt at halftime

I was standing just behind the couch when Riley scored our first TD. I didn't move from that spot for the rest of the game. My sister-in-law said I ruined dinner. You're welcome.

I love this story. You’re welcome to stand anywhere in my house for NU games.

Reactions: mikewebb68
I watched the first half with my folks. I went home during halftime. Early in the fourth quarter my mom texted me, "we're glad you left." They say that every time I leave, but it was nice to agree.

Dammit, i thought when i changed my shirt that was why we won! Clearly it takes a coordinated effort! Go cats! Happy New Years!

I fell asleep just before halftime (it was 2.30a.m. where I was). I woke up to a text from my brother in Missouri congratulating me on the Cat victory. I wouldn’t have fallen asleep if I had made it to the third quarter!

I watched the first half with my folks. I went home during halftime. Early in the fourth quarter my mom texted me, "we're glad you left." They say that every time I leave, but it was nice to agree.

My Dad left at half - called before the end of third and said it would have been 63-0 if he had never come over.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Wondering if that applies to me, too. Now in my "independent," NOT retired, state of life where I'm again a part-time reporter for the local weekly newspaper. I'm watching the first half at a local sports bar and notice a belated voice mail response from the fire marshal of our local department. I had been trying to set up a New Year's Eve visit to the fire station to see how the people who don't get to party when we do usher in another year ... and maybe ride along on a couple calls.

On the TV in the station, I saw McGee's fumble recovery and TD, and then a medical call came in. By the time we returned, the Wildcats had completed their amazing win. My Montana NU friends may disinvite me from future watch parties when they hear this.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Wondering if that applies to me, too. Now in my "independent," NOT retired, state of life where I'm again a part-time reporter for the local weekly newspaper. I'm watching the first half at a local sports bar and notice a belated voice mail response from the fire marshal of our local department. I had been trying to set up a New Year's Eve visit to the fire station to see how the people who don't get to party when we do usher in another year ... and maybe ride along on a couple calls.

On the TV in the station, I saw McGee's fumble recovery and TD, and then a medical call came in. By the time we returned, the Wildcats had completed their amazing win. My Montana NU friends may disinvite me from future watch parties when they hear this.

In the Nebraska game my wife and I left the stadium in the 4th quarter. Figured we needed a major universal alignment change. So we watched the fantastic finish with Cindy at Let’s Tailgate. Last night I debated watching the start of the 3rd Quarter. My wife insisted ... so we reshuffled the seating arrangement and my sons assured me there would be a game changing turnover in the 3rd to shift the momentum of the game. Heart warming to know I’m not the only lunatic among the NU faithful. And grateful my family accommodates it when needed.

Go Cats!!!!!

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT