ADVERTISEMENT

Hashtag go cats - thanks coach Fitz

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
As we move forward into a new era of NU football that we are all excited about, for whatever reason last night I was thinking about the last time we beat Utah in a bowl game, one of my favorite NU moments ever. “Hashtag go Cats man, I’m not going anywhere, this is home forever.” I still can hear the roar in my head at the Holiday bowl. Thanks to the guy that got us here, who hired Coach Braun, and set us up for success going forward. You’re the man coach Fitz. Go Cats.

I agree 100% Hope he gets a big payday and his name cleared as it should be.
He'll get at least $50-60 million as a certainty and perhaps millions more, a settlement as high as $80 million isn't out of the question.

Everything will be quietly done though and at most we might hear a leak of a ballpark number for the settlement which will likely be leaked to the press by Fitz's lawyers to show they "won" the case at least financially.

Doubt this case gets anywhere close to the point where details are being shared with the public on what happened behind the scenes.

Too much money at stake here and reputations on the line (nobody wants to be debating hazing evidence in public, everybody looks bad) and cooler heads will prevail.

In 20 years with a different admin, Fitz will be honored by the program for his contributions to the University and the 50th anniversary of the Rose Bowl team.

Last edited:
Fitz did many great things for NU but those had tailed off quite a bit and without moving on we would have been stuck in 1995 forever because he is/was incredibly stubborn. We had to evolve in this new era and are under our guy David Braun.

He'll get at least $50-60 million as a certainty and perhaps millions more, a settlement as high as $80 million isn't out of the question.

Everything will be quietly done though and at most we might hear a leak of a ballpark number for the settlement which will likely be leaked to the press by Fitz's lawyers to show they "won" the case at least financially.

Doubt this case gets anywhere close to the point where details are being shared with the public on what happened behind the scenes.

Too much money at stake here and reputations on the line (nobody wants to be debating hazing evidence in public, everybody looks bad) and cooler heads will prevail.

In 20 years with a different admin, Fitz will be honored by the program for his contributions to the University and the 50th anniversary of the Rose Bowl team.
Maybe Fitz brings it to trial.

Fitz did many great things for NU but those had tailed off quite a bit and without moving on we would have been stuck in 1995 forever because he is/was incredibly stubborn. We had to evolve in this new era and are under our guy David Braun.
To make those statements, you literally have to assume NU wouldn't have had a good year if Fitz was the head coach.

Seems ludicrous.

Maybe Fitz brings it to trial.
I just don't see it; no real benefit to him if it's going to be about the hazing evidence which can't really be disproven...; especially since I think the University will offer enough for a reasonable settlement.

This just feels like the sort of situation where both sides benefit from a settlement with Fitz claiming the "moral victory" of the large settlement payment but none of the hazing evidence litigated publicly.

And then he can go along with his sons if he wants to join a coaching staff where they are or he can coach at another level.

I just don't see it; no real benefit to him if it's going to be about the hazing evidence which can't really be disproven...; especially since I think the University will offer enough for a reasonable settlement.

This just feels like the sort of situation where both sides benefit from a settlement with Fitz claiming the "moral victory" of the large settlement payment but none of the hazing evidence litigated publicly.

And then he can go along with his sons if he wants to join a coaching staff where they are or he can coach at another level.
I don't think you know what Fitz wants. Neither do I, but he already has money and it may be more important for an official statement of absolution from NU to restore his reputation and termination of Schill instead of a big paycheck.

Reactions: insidecat51
I don't think you know what Fitz wants. Neither do I, but he already has money and it may be more important for an official statement of absolution from NU to restore his reputation and termination of Schill instead of a big paycheck.
I have no idea what Fitz wants; absolutely none.

I'm just saying that getting caught up in the weeds of litigating hazing evidence which is extremely difficult to disprove by its nature ("he said he said" allegations) is probably not going to do much to restore his reputation.

Putting this in the rearview mirror does and getting the last word in via a huge settlement might (laymen always construe big settlements with guilt).

This is not a Briles situation where Fitz is an untouchable; the allegations here obviously weren't a good thing, but they don't rise to the level of systemic rape culture/death/etc. and the fact that a lot of NU players from the past 10-20 years have pushed back publicly has muddied the water enough to mitigate the damage.

He obviously got an assist from the bowl broadcast which offered a spirited defense of Fitz.

I have no idea what Fitz wants; absolutely none.

I'm just saying that getting caught up in the weeds of litigating hazing evidence which is extremely difficult to disprove by its nature ("he said he said" allegations) is probably not going to do much to restore his reputation.

Putting this in the rearview mirror does and getting the last word in via a huge settlement might (laymen always construe big settlements with guilt).

This is not a Briles situation where Fitz is an untouchable; the allegations here obviously weren't a good thing, but they don't rise to the level of systemic rape culture/death/etc. and the fact that a lot of NU players from the past 10-20 years have pushed back publicly has muddied the water enough to mitigate the damage.

He obviously got an assist from the bowl broadcast which offered a spirited defense of Fitz.
If NU doesn't want this stuff exposed when going to trial, then Fitz's willingness to do so would be a very good negotiating tactic.

This is not going to trial and NU will not let Schill be deposed or he will come off as the horses ass that he is.

Reactions: insidecat51
Yeah, I think this is the direction Fitz might go in. Settlement could be for less money but include some kind of statement saying the allegations were overblown. He wants to restore his reputation more than he wants money.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT