ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Texas Tech ends up being really good

Secho99

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Otherwise this is going to look really weird if we're a bubble team in March.

I don't want to freak out too much about one game, but there are some pretty big concerns through 5 games, mostly that Brown-Gaines-Ash are giving us nothing and Rap isn't even good enough to play until it's a 40-point game (and the limited viewing today made me understand why).

Falzon looks like he's going to be really good, and I like Benson, but if we're a 7-man team I'm not optimistic about holding up through a Big 10 schedule.

Reactions: ubercat
Otherwise this is going to look really weird if we're a bubble team in March.

I don't want to freak out too much about one game, but there are some pretty big concerns through 5 games, mostly that Brown-Gaines-Ash are giving us nothing and Rap isn't even good enough to play until it's a 40-point game (and the limited viewing today made me understand why).

Falzon looks like he's going to be really good, and I like Benson, but if we're a 7-man team I'm not optimistic about holding up through a Big 10 schedule.
I thought Rap looked pretty decent given that this was his first real game action since HS. He moved well and was active on the glass and almost had a smooth basket late in the game. Once he’s in shape he should be another big for Big Ten play, which we’ll sorely need.

But yea, hopefully Texas Tech is for real. The announcers stated that the B12 is wide open after Kansas and made them sound like a bona fide tourney team, so they should have a nice season.

Texas Tech was ranked ahead of us in KenPom coming in, and moved up to 17 after the game. They are an excellent team.

We desperately need some good wins b4 BIG games start! Maybe the players felt uncomfortable with being ranked? Hopefully, we will be again later in the season!

The beatdown from TT reminded me of the loss to Baylor a # of years back (the loss to TT actually being worse of the 2).

Baylor, like TT, had a bunch of athletic players, except they were taller and longer and did a good job of shutting down Johnny (Crawford had a good scoring game).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT