ADVERTISEMENT

I hope they are not flat vs MN

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
It would be easy to be deflated after that PU game, but the MN game is just as important. It's hard to win on the road. They need those 12 wins

I don't think they'll be flat. But this is a brutal turnaround. They probably bused home from W. Lafayette, got to bed around 1:00 am, have a light practice today and then fly to Minny tomorrow. Not much time to get their legs back, or to prepare for the Goofers. Back to back road games are rough from a travel perspective.

I don't think they'll be flat. But this is a brutal turnaround. They probably bused home from W. Lafayette, got to bed around 1:00 am, have a light practice today and then fly to Minny tomorrow. Not much time to get their legs back, or to prepare for the Goofers. Back to back road games are rough from a travel perspective.

Tuesday the ESPN game predictor had us at a 52.8% chance of winning. Today, it feels we are better, and bumped us 100 bp to 53.8%.

Reactions: drewjin
Yeah, only two days rest. This game worries me. Gotta win it.

They just need to not have a dreadful shooting night and have their legs. Boo and Berry got the shit kicked out of them physically vs Purdue, hopefully they aren't sore.

I suspect they will be mad as hell and play fired up to get the bad taste out of their mouths. I worry a little about heavy legs.
I think we should be ok. Last year when we played all those makeup games after covid outbreak on team, we played our best games and won like 5 in a row. I think it is good to play soon after purdue- it will not give players time to feel down about it. Quick turnaround. Take the frustrations with the pu refs out on minnesota

Feels like a game where we’ll need Nicholson to get 10+ and Martinelli/Hunger to score in bunches too. I worry about Berry/Langborg and the 3 ball on a short turnaround.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
This definitely feels like an important game in terms of how we respond. The team must be physically and emotionally exhausted - and we are jump shooting team. It's been extremely difficult to win on the road in the Big Ten this year. And Minnesota has some moxy this season.

Another short shot miss by Boo at the end to win, even still. Annoying.
Yeah, that's what's hardest to swallow. Buie is all world, but he's missed shots to win the last two games in regulation. Make that one today and then hit the FT, and the Cats win in regulation.

It's a game of inches...

They shot 3s too well for most of the game for me to blame that.

They were sloppy with the ball and had too many turnovers. Minny had a good game plan and NU had difficulty making adjustments.

NU ran out of gas towards the end of the game, but for most of the game, I don't think they were flat.

As much as I love this team we could lose to anyone going forward. Of course we beat anyone as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT