ADVERTISEMENT

Ibraheim Campbell

purple11

Jan 12, 2010
Draft Analysts Mayock and Davis were singing Campbell's praises on the Senior Bowl recap on NFL network. Practice is televised again today.

Go Cats !

Campbell is going to have a very long nfl career, barring injury. Doesnt matter where he is drafted, he will stick. He isnt a softee but was one on only a few of our players who worked out at such a high level. If we had 5 campbells on our team we would have went to a bowl.

I have no idea who entered the draft early but prior to january they reported him around the 5th round. Indy combine may move him up.

Just a FYI, I guess Campbell has really impressed at the senior bowl. Mike Mayock has been singing his praises all week and said he's really improved his draft stock.

Here is a link below:

This post was edited on 1/23 11:06 AM by chicagocatfan24

Campbell Excels

Originally posted by chicagocatfan24:
Just a FYI, I guess Campbell has really impressed at the senior bowl. Mike Mayock has been singing his praises all week and said he's really improved his draft stock.

Here is a link below:

This post was edited on 1/23 11:06 AM by chicagocatfan24
Devin Smith is a pretty good WR to be abusing in practice. He's also got a pretty good interview that I found through the Eagles' site.

His Senior Bowl measurement is 5-11.4 210, which is probably a bit slimmed down from his senior year at NU. I wonder how he will run at either our Pro Day or the Combine. If he can get down into the 4.5s, he has a great chance of heading up draft boards. At this point, I would liken him somewhat to Vinnie Sunseri, who measured 5-11 210 and ran a 4.56 (though that was after ACL surgery in October).

Long story short, he's probably a 5th or 6th round guy right now with a chance to move up the boards if he can run well.

Excellent. His performance there will get the pros looking at tape from his season which may have gone less noticed before. He as an individual had a great year.

Hopefully, this will get him up into the third (or maybe late second) round.

Good for IC.

Would be great if the Steelers pick him up in the 3rd/4th rd - and they have had a lot of success w/ players who have shown their stuff in the SR Bowl.

"If we had 5 campbells on our team we would have went to a bowl."

Shoot, if NU converts a two point conversion they'd have gone bowling. Five Campbell types might have them in contention for a BIG title.

Mel Kiper just came out with his latest draft rankings and Ibraheim was his biggest riser at safety, moving up to #3 (Not sure what he was before.) Seems like he's really impressing a lot of people in the postseason. Would love to see the Bears grab him in maybe the 3rd or 4th round.

ESPN Insider link

Rob Rang on the CBS site has him as the 4th SS and a 3-4 rounder - also had some comments about Campbell standing out during the practice even though he was focussing on watching another position group.

Im a worrier by nature ,,,,,so this fits my narrative perfectly. The more praise Ibraheim gets the more I worry about how we are going to replace him? Who will the SS be next year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT