ADVERTISEMENT

If not #FireMcCall then #FireFitz

Yeah there's a blatantly obvious example of this - look at Nick Saban at Bama before he brought on Lane Kiffin as OC and since. Having a team built on dominant defense does not preclude them from also having an explosive offense.(due to the constraints Fitz placed on him), but a change of personnel could allow for that shift in vision.
Ed Orgeron did the same at LSU this season, and they're now #1 having beaten the evil Saban with a high octane offense. He canned the Les Miles 3 yards and a cloud of dust thing and got with the 2010's.

I agree. I just don't think he gets it. Watching his pressers this year has me thinking that he thinks this team is just as talented as Wisconsin, PSU, Minnesota. I'm not sure if he loses his job this year but he should definately be on the hot seat if he has his team ill equipped again. This is a mess.

Fitz is too stubborn to believe otherwise

Ed Orgeron did the same at LSU this season, and they're now #1 having beaten the evil Saban with a high octane offense. He canned the Les Miles 3 yards and a cloud of dust thing and got with the 2010's.
I really enjoy this Ed Orgeron. I have no idea if he plays within the rules, but his press conferences and interviews are the most entertaining out there. Better than Mike Leach.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Simply not true. Corbi and I both called for Cushing's replacement for two or more years. I personally shared my thoughts on this topic with decision makers. Years before that, I felt that Colby had to go. That said, Fitz is the best thing that ever happened to this program and McCall is going nowhere.
I am appalled at the language used to condemn McCall and Fitz. It goes beyond the expression of a reasonable judgment and has taken on a character of irrational vindictive, perhaps self-serving, but definitely inflamatory. I can only believe that the seeming hatred for Fitz and McCall that is surfacing here is not a product of intense support, love, or admiration of NU and its athletic programs. It must be born of something else. I truly do not understand what is driving it, unless it is a desire to hurt NU or attract attention to oneself. Otherwise, it just seems so very misguided, counter-productive, and just plain silly. I am losing patience and interest in this board because of it.

See ya!

I look at 36 wins and say that he has played within the structure that has been set and done reasonably well. The last four years, Fitz has basically put together they type of team he wants to go to war with and McCall worked within that structure. With Fitz the helm, we are probably not going to have an O first structure and any O coordinator we have is going to have to work within that. McCall has done relatively well in that structure. Except this year when anything that could go wrong, did. While McCall is not blameless and it is definitely worthy of looking at him, a lot is simply not his fault. And with people clamoring for a new OC, while it is definitely possible to get better, this may be yet another case of "be careful what you wish for" Recent example is W parking lot. Yes it is better but many of those complaining are no longer able to get into the West lot because of those "improvements"

Didn’t Fitz have Wilson and a highly productive offense once upon a time?

Didn’t Fitz have Wilson and a highly productive offense once upon a time?
I think that was Walker. Wilson went to Oklahoma in 2002. Then they brought in a lower level ex HC as a replacement. Cannot remember his name. I think McCall was his replacement and came in 2008

I think that was Walker. Wilson went to Oklahoma in 2002. Then they brought in a lower level ex HC as a replacement. Cannot remember his name. I think McCall was his replacement and came in 2008

Wilson was replaced by Mike Dunbar, who was replaced by Garrick McGee the same year Fitz took over, and McGee was replaced by McCall.

Wilson was replaced by Mike Dunbar, who was replaced by Garrick McGee the same year Fitz took over, and McGee was replaced by McCall.

Ok. From a quick google, looks like he would still be a step up today from McCall. Let's bring him back!

But seriously, during his one year at NU, the O definitely rocked much more than since then... So PF can have nice things on O too, but chooses not to. Thanks PF!

Ok. From a quick google, looks like he would still be a step up today from McCall. Let's bring him back!

But seriously, during his one year at NU, the O definitely rocked much more than since then... So PF can have nice things on O too, but chooses not to. Thanks PF!
Dunbar unfortunately has passed away from cancer.

What's with all the coaches with Irish and Scottish ancestry, they're either too stubborn or practical? Can't we diversify and find a good Eastern European coach to lead the offense? A Ditka type, but with fewer vowels. Someone named Vlchck would be perfect. We'd have a B1G title within two years.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT