ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore This Thread

I do not understand what Reinsdorf is doing with the Sox...absolutely no idea....in 78 and 79 going to Comiskey was the most exciting experience in sports
He's getting them ready for a move to Montreal or Mexico. Only 12,000 of the faithful bothered to show up at Arrow Down Field yesterday. Pathetic!

There's a difference between voicing an opinion and beating a dead horse. Especially when everyone else on the board disagrees and there's evidence shown to you that said recruit was actually being heavily recruited and yet you come back with no evidence of your own and keep asking for proof of the opposing point. If you come up with proof yourself then go for it keep arguing because that actually adds good conversation but if not it just goes in circles.

I do respect you have differing opinions although I don't agree with a lot of them. I don't have a problem with you voicing them just give some facts instead of asking for them.

I’m not screaming in a vacuum. I banter back and forth with people that counter my thoughts. I neither capitulate without believing I’m wrong nor be quiet. Since there are a handful of guys that engage me, the perception becomes one of me ranting endlessly. I’m actually conversing repeatedly.

And I have supporters. Some vocal here like 320. Others less vocal through likes. Some that message me discreetly. Some that argue on my behalf when threads about banning me appear here or the Rock. And I suspect there are those silent lurkers that either agree or enjoy the discourse.

For those truly disturbed by me, I have a solution. IGNORE is your friend. There are more than a couple that have me on ignore. I’m not bothered and they are presumably happier in their sheltered existence. All is good.

Btw there is heresy evidence and none that he was recruited for any guaranteed PT like here. Notice that question above about whose minutes he would replace went unanswered as I predicted. Doesn’t matter. Red herring and spilt milk. CCC needs to produce success going forward. No more excuses or coverage. #accountability

I'm sorry to crash your pity party, but since you're all about the facts and #fakenews, let's get the facts straight about how long you've been playing this game and throwing spaghetti at the wall.

Was it Collins' first or second year that you began this ritual?

Then of course you really stuck to your guns during the tournament season and shut your mouth.

And now here we are. Circumstances now fit your narrative.

#morefakenews

you were arguing that Taylor wasn't a highly regarded transfer, and arguing that he wasn't seen as a "homerun" get. you were wrong.

your other statement holds true - but by shifting your agenda doesn't make you not wrong on taylor

I am being misquoted. My argument is CCC overvalued Taylor and made him a better offer to land him. It’s an opinion. Neither I nor of you know for sure.

The fact he was not a homerun is apparent in the stats. CCC swung and missed. We’re other coaches prepared to swing at Taylor, to some degree, sure. But then, how much success do those coaches already have on their rosters.

I do not understand what Reinsdorf is doing with the Sox...absolutely no idea....in 78 and 79 going to Comiskey was the most exciting experience in sports

I grew up taking the CTA to the Park w my neighborhood buddies. Those were the days....

He's getting them ready for a move to Montreal or Mexico. Only 12,000 of the faithful bothered to show up at Arrow Down Field yesterday. Pathetic!

Not pathetic. True to southsiders. Unlike the north, we protest with our attendance. I read Sox boards too. Many folks are quiet pissed at how the ‘rebuild’ is going. The attendance drop is no surprise.

For those of you irritated by Sox posts on the Charlie Moore thread, just know that Ignore and I come from the same rarified community as Charlie Moore.

And for those too young to know the reference to the 78-79 White Sox, it was the most intense baseball experience this city has seen since '59. I remember going to the Texas Rangers double header one August Sunday and all 55,000 standing to sing along with Harry Caray....first take me out to the ball park....and then The Hokey Pokey. I remember the Ranger right fielder looking up with big saucer eyes and a "what the f..... is this" look on his face.

The difference between this and the recent Cubs run to championship is that, back then, baseball parks were filled primarily with knowledgeable fans.

Some how, Reinsdorf has managed to chase away the baseball fans.

Reactions: catfans5 and IGNORE
The point is, 4 years or 6 or 7 is really not enough to conclude anything about the future. Yes, we can conclude that after 6 years Collins has not been the massive upgrade we hoped for. But can we conclude he never will be? I doubt it.

After 6 years of Fitz, 4 consecutive bowl losses and win totals of 4, 6, 8,9,7,6......we'd be in a pretty similar situation to where Collins sits. See the similarity? A peak in year 4 followed by a decline. Would you have predicted based on hindsight that he'd become the B1G COTY and win the West after these 6 seasons?

I wouldn't.
It has happened at about this point with every FB and BB coach that has been successful here. Barnett, Walker, FItz, BC and now Collins.

Not pathetic. True to southsiders. Unlike the north, we protest with our attendance. I read Sox boards too. Many folks are quiet pissed at how the ‘rebuild’ is going. The attendance drop is no surprise.
You "great" White Sox fans didn't even sell out the "new Comiskey" the year you won the pennant. You don't protest with your attendance, your attendance is pitiful and near the bottom of the MLB.

#morefakenews

Let's see. You're not real concerned with your own logic. You only pay attention to certain facts. You're not really concerned about other opinions - just your agenda. And you start whining when people actually call you out.

And most of all, you're reactionary with no real insight before it's plainly obvious.

Yea, I can see why you're a fake news kind of guy. That's about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
Actually what Sox are doing makes more sense than in the past. It is a longer term approach investing in the farm system. They have gone from the worst farm system to the best in about 4 years. They are also spending money tying up young talent to long term deals. Examples are the guy from Cuba (Robert)and the guy from the Cubs (Jimenez I think) . Plenty of young pitchers in the mix as well. Plus young guys developing at the major league level such as Anderson and Mancada. In a couple years you will be happy

For those of you irritated by Sox posts on the Charlie Moore thread, just know that Ignore and I come from the same rarified community as Charlie Moore.

And for those too young to know the reference to the 78-79 White Sox, it was the most intense baseball experience this city has seen since '59. I remember going to the Texas Rangers double header one August Sunday and all 55,000 standing to sing along with Harry Caray....first take me out to the ball park....and then The Hokey Pokey. I remember the Ranger right fielder looking up with big saucer eyes and a "what the f..... is this" look on his face.

The difference between this and the recent Cubs run to championship is that, back then, baseball parks were filled primarily with knowledgeable fans.

Well that tired old fallacy that the fans at Wrigley are not real fans, is just that a fallacy. I've been a Cubs fan for around 60 years and a ST holder for 35 and my friends and those seated around me are very knowledable.

And yet the recent attendance has exceeded that of all those years.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/wsoxatte.shtml

Cant trust the memories of old people. Myself, I walked too and from school five miles and uphill both ways

Reactions: IGNORE
You "great" White Sox fans didn't even sell out the "new Comiskey" the year you won the pennant. You don't protest with your attendance, your attendance is pitiful and near the bottom of the MLB.
The WS year really came out of no where and by the end of the year it was pretty well full. Actually the top attendance was higher the following year as would be expected. Just like it was higher in 1960 than it was in 1959. Average attendance was over 36K. I think the same thing was true of NU the couple years following the RB

Well that tired old fallacy that the fans at Wrigley are not real fans, is just that a fallacy. I've been a Cubs fan for around 60 years and a ST holder for 35 and my friends and those seated around me are very knowledable.
Since you attend regularly, you show the validity of that adage.

you're correct on all accounts
Where has the White Sox attendance been rated for the last 10 or so years. Guessing in the lower 1/3 of all MLB. Then there is the Cubs attendance that always ranks near the top.

Let's see. You're not real concerned with your own logic. You only pay attention to certain facts. You're not really concerned about other opinions - just your agenda. And you start whining when people actually call you out.

And most of all, you're reactionary with no real insight before it's plainly obvious.

Yea, I can see why you're a fake news kind of guy. That's about right.

#morefakenews

Funny thing, you bitch about my opinions as you rant repeatedly unsubstantiated opinions.

Ignore is your friend. Hope your day gets better than it sounds ;)

Where has the White Sox attendance been rated for the last 10 or so years. Guessing in the lower 1/3 of all MLB. Then there is the Cubs attendance that always ranks near the top.

hdhntr is correct that more attend on average in recent years than did back in the 70's....also surprised that the capacity is so much less. Wilbur Wood musta bounced a knuckler off my noggin.

back when baseball fans went to baseball games, the parks would be pretty empty in the shoulder months....think that hurt the average

Actually what Sox are doing makes more sense than in the past. It is a longer term approach investing in the farm system. They have gone from the worst farm system to the best in about 4 years. They are also spending money tying up young talent to long term deals. Examples are the guy from Cuba (Robert)and the guy from the Cubs (Jimenez I think) . Plenty of young pitchers in the mix as well. Plus young guys developing at the major league level such as Anderson and Mancada. In a couple years you will be happy

Well, the farm system rank has dropped in the past 12-18 months. The Sox historically do poorly at developing talent through the minors.

What we have seen is pitching go from strength to major question mark. With no 3B in the system, Sox announce big intentions and go cheap. Promise all will be fine as they will play harder next year in free agency only to have that class dry up. And now shift an underperforming young guy to 3B to try to hide the blemish.

Paying some kid w zero MLB experience doesn’t pacify the masses either. Failures of Fuller, Giolito, Lopez aren’t helping. Moncada and Anderson haven’t become super stars either.

So people don’t go and have stopped watching and listening. I suspect ratings are in the toilet. I used to listen to games almost religiously. Watch games that fit the schedule and attend a few based on the season. I have held partial and full season tickets a few rows up from the home dugout.

And from what I read, the hardcore south side fans are more like me than less. Call them what you want but they don’t waste their time and money when they aren’t happy and ownership knows it. So far, ownership has failed to move the team. Who knows maybe they will. Or maybe Jerry will sell. Or maybe he will die and we will enjoy a Rocky 2.0 experience. I can’t say.

But I will confidently predict that attendance and ratings will not improve until ownership proves value or the team gets on a long lucky streak.

... repeatedly unsubstantiated opinions.

LOL ... that's really how you want to differentiate yourself?

Let's look at this single page alone.

... Btw there is heresy evidence and none that he was recruited for any guaranteed PT like here ...

... My argument is CCC overvalued Taylor and made him a better offer to land him. It’s an opinion. Neither I nor of you know for sure.

Well, the farm system rank has dropped in the past 12-18 months.

And that's just on this page alone.

Yes, now you're passing along incorrect information in two sports.

But you go along being a punchline and keep pretending your opinions have facts or insight behind them.

hdhntr is correct that more attend on average in recent years than did back in the 70's....also surprised that the capacity is so much less. Wilbur Wood musta bounced a knuckler off my noggin.

back when baseball fans went to baseball games, the parks would be pretty empty in the shoulder months....think that hurt the average
I do not think it was just the shoulder months. Weekends were big and weekday games had more sparse attendance as well. It is just that back through the 1970s only a couple teams would even exceed 1 million. Attendance figures you are seeing today are significantly higher by comparison. NIght baseball probably helps a lot

And they have not really had a winner in that time. One 85 win team and one 88 win team and not a winning record since 2012. They have had only a .460 win % during the 2010s. Couple that with Cubs showing life during that period and the gentrifying of the Cubs neighborhood.... Wrigley is still basically a beer garden

Last edited:
After 6 years of Fitz, 4 consecutive bowl losses and win totals of 4, 6, 8,9,7,6......we'd be in a pretty similar situation to where Collins sits. See the similarity? A peak in year 4 followed by a decline.

The 9-win "peak" came in year 3, not year 4. And the bottom of that particular "decline" came with a 6-6 season and a fourth consecutive bowl berth, not 13-19 and dead last in the conference.

Fitz had considerably more success than Collins across their first six seasons. And Fitz inherited a program that had reached a middling bowl game in 2 of the past 5 seasons while Collins inherited one that had reached the NIT in 4 of the previous 5.

Fitz also went 10-3 and finished #17 in the country in year 7, so we'll see how year 7 goes at W-R.

And they have not really had a winner in that time. One 85 win team and one 88 win team and not a winning record since 2012. They have had only a .460 win % during the 2010s. Couple that with Cubs showing life during that period and the gentrifying of the Cubs neighborhood.... Wrigley is still basically a beer garden
Maybe but the drunks don't attack the players or umpires.

Well, the farm system rank has dropped in the past 12-18 months. The Sox historically do poorly at developing talent through the minors.

What we have seen is pitching go from strength to major question mark. With no 3B in the system, Sox announce big intentions and go cheap. Promise all will be fine as they will play harder next year in free agency only to have that class dry up. And now shift an underperforming young guy to 3B to try to hide the blemish.

Paying some kid w zero MLB experience doesn’t pacify the masses either. Failures of Fuller, Giolito, Lopez aren’t helping. Moncada and Anderson haven’t become super stars either.

So people don’t go and have stopped watching and listening. I suspect ratings are in the toilet. I used to listen to games almost religiously. Watch games that fit the schedule and attend a few based on the season. I have held partial and full season tickets a few rows up from the home dugout.

And from what I read, the hardcore south side fans are more like me than less. Call them what you want but they don’t waste their time and money when they aren’t happy and ownership knows it. So far, ownership has failed to move the team. Who knows maybe they will. Or maybe Jerry will sell. Or maybe he will die and we will enjoy a Rocky 2.0 experience. I can’t say.

But I will confidently predict that attendance and ratings will not improve until ownership proves value or the team gets on a long lucky streak.
Because they brought some guys up? Because of an injury to a guy that was going to be a mainstay? I could not stand Kenny Williams in the role of GM and feel he did a lot of damage to the organization. He left a mess that Hahn has tried to clean up but it is hard to know how much he is under Williams thumb but Williams is his boss. Hahn seems to have done well enough but bound to make mistakes along the way. Do they have every position covered? No but many they have. May have too much emphasis on OF but we will see. SS, 2nd, 1st, C and out field seem well covered. 3rd is a bit of a hole. Pitching seems to have plenty of candidates and they have been descent in developing them. (Cubs by contrast have been terrible at developing pitchers and other than the onslaught of talent they got from their time in the tank, really have not seen much (haven't had to) lately). Give the plan a bit of time to develop. It is only the first guys that are getting to the big team.

The 9-win "peak" came in year 3, not year 4. And the bottom of that particular "decline" came with a 6-6 season and a fourth consecutive bowl berth, not 13-19 and dead last in the conference.

Fitz had considerably more success than Collins across their first six seasons. And Fitz inherited a program that had reached a middling bowl game in 2 of the past 5 seasons while Collins inherited one that had reached the NIT in 4 of the previous 5.

Fitz also went 10-3 and finished #17 in the country in year 7, so we'll see how year 7 goes at W-R.
They were only 3-5 in conference. And did you forget the bottom that came two years later (year 8)when he was 1-7 in conference (5-7 overall) Pretty similar to where we were this year. Also 5-7 (3-5) the following year. The nature of NU sports is that it takes a while to develop consistency.

They were only 3-5 in conference.

That's significantly better than 4-16.

And did you forget the bottom that came two years later (year 8)when he was 1-7 in conference (5-7 overall) Pretty similar to where we were this year.

Yeah, after six postseason-eligible seasons in his first seven, not two.

That's significantly better than 4-16.

Yeah, after six postseason-eligible seasons in his first seven, not two.
Wes 1-7 better than 4-16? I would say it is pretty comparable. Give it a chance to work its way out. This year we had not true PG ready. With the limited rosters in BB a single injury or loss of a recruit has much more impact than a similar loss in FB. The only place they are even comparable is the loss of a starting QB and loss of the starting PG. We knew it would be an issue going in. It was, surprise surprise. Question is how does CCC adapt going forward to make sure it doesn't happen again.

And post season eligible is 6-6. At the time only needed to go 2-6 in conference to make it (now 3-6). That kind of record (5-15) would not get you into the post season in BB

Wes 1-7 better than 4-16? I would say it is pretty comparable. Give it a chance to work its way out.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this part of the question. Collins does need time to work his way out of this situation, and it's entirely possible that he will do so. I'm just taking issue with the Fitz comparison.

(Also, 6-14 got Nebraska into the NIT)

e's chasing away basketball fans from the Bulls as well.
I'm not disagreeing with you on this part of the question. Collins does need time to work his way out of this situation, and it's entirely possible that he will do so. I'm just taking issue with the Fitz comparison.

(Also, 6-14 got Nebraska into the NIT)

Compare Apples to Apples - 3 years after Barnett took the Purple to Pasadena and while we were still expecting victory, the following happened:

1998 Northwestern Wildcats football
Conference
Big Ten Conference
1998 record 3–9 (0–8 Big Ten)
Head coach Gary Barnett (7th season)

And should be pointed out that the team won a Big Ten title 2 seasons.

But you go along being a punchline and keep pretending your opinions have facts or insight behind them.

Wrong information or opinion you disagree with?

#morefakenews

Ironically, you are perpetuating the discussion that you begged to cease. Just sayin. Carry on.

(X) getsit

NU won the BigTen in football in 95, 96 and 2000. When did NU win the BigTen in basketball in the decade prior to Collins taking over? When was NU ranked No. 3 (1995) in the country in the decade prior to when Collins took over or preseason top 10 (1996).

Fitz is an NU legend and he has earned it by turning NU into a consistent winning program but anyone who watches NU football knows that NU is only now catching up in terms of athleticism and depth with the rest of the usual suspects in the top 25.

Comparing Collins to Fitz is like comparing NU hoops to any other job. I am not 100% all in on Collins but I also will not judge him against Virginia or any other school that does not have the same academic restrictions in place and I certainly will not criticize his recruiting given that the upcoming class will be the first to arrive on campus and have a basketball facility and a new arena.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Wrong information or opinion you disagree with?

Neither of those options were YOUR original statement.

At least try to keep up for all of two messages - especially when you establish the criteria.

What a waste of time you are.

Compare Apples to Apples - 3 years after Barnett took the Purple to Pasadena and while we were still expecting victory, the following happened:

1998 Northwestern Wildcats football
Conference
Big Ten Conference
1998 record 3–9 (0–8 Big Ten)
Head coach Gary Barnett (7th season)

And should be pointed out that the team won a Big Ten title 2 seasons.

That’s not apples to apples either, unless you’re seriously arguing that one NCAA 8-seed is functionally equivalent to two straight Big Ten titles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT