ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready to move on from CC

Heathcote was a pretty mediocre coach who lucked into Magic. Izzo is an all-time great.

It’s crazy how far Indiana hoops has fallen. Nobody who is an undergrad today can remember when they were nationally relevant, but good luck telling their fans that. Total denial.
Nebraska football.

My first game as an undergrad in 1980 was against Isaiah Thomas/Ray Tolbert led Indiana. It was not a good game.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Heathcote was a pretty mediocre coach who lucked into Magic. Izzo is an all-time great.

It’s crazy how far Indiana hoops has fallen. Nobody who is an undergrad today can remember when they were nationally relevant, but good luck telling their fans that. Total denial.
BUT HOOSIERS

Indeed. I just took a quick peek to confirm the reality:

- IU has only made the NCAA Tournament 4 times in the past 13 seasons.
- IU has only made the NCAA Tournament 7 times in the past 18 seasons.
- IU has only made it past the Sweet 16 one time since 1992-93. For comparison, they made it past the Sweet 16 eight (8) times between 1972-73 and 1992-93.

Of course, NU has only ever been to one NCAA Tournament and never to the Sweet 16. Still, Indiana teams of the past 30 years have been nothing compared to the Indiana teams that I grew up with from the early 70s through the end of the college in the mid-90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT